Chapter 6 | Be Careful

Morgan

I heard a knock on the door, so I got up and answered it.

"Dalvin...hey?..."

"Uh, hey. Can I come in?"

"Sure." I made room for him to come in. "Have a seat."

"Nah, imma make this quick. You here by yaself?" He asked.

"Yeah, Aunt Gayle went on another business trip." I rolled my eyes. "What are you here for?"

"I just came to tell you somethin about my brother."

I got worried.

"What about DeVanté?"

"...I'll let him tell you the whole truth, but I need to warn you. He got a problem."

"A problem?..." I raised an eyebrow.

Dalvin was really scaring me. What kind of problem does DeVanté have?

Dalvin's pager went off. He looked at it and said "Just be careful." He said before leaving.

What is that supposed to mean?

I decided to call DeVanté. He quickly answered. "Hello?"

"Hey, baby." I smiled. "What are you doing?"

"None much." He said.

"Awe, can I come over and stay for a few days?" I asked.

"Hell yeah you can." He said with enthusiasm.

"Okay, I'll be over in a little bit."

"Aight, don't keep me waitin."

I giggled. "I won't, bye." We hung up.

I went to my room and packed some clothes, then took a shower. I put on some pajama shorts and a tank top. After that, I got my things together and went outside to Aunt Gayle's car that she said I could use while she's away. I hopped in and made my way to DeVanté's house.

•••

"DeVanté...st-op!" I yelled as he tickled me.

"Ion feel like it." I started kicking for dear life. "Shit!" He winced in pain as he held his...you know what.

"I told you to stop." I laughed. "I'm sorry."

He chuckled. "I'll be right back." He said before getting up and going to the bathroom.

I sat on the bed and continued watching the movie we were watching. I noticed DeVanté had left the bathroom door slightly open. Me being nosey, I peeked to see what he was doing. I saw him put two pills in his mouth and swallow them with a glass of water.

"Did I hurt you that bad?" I laughed. I must've scared him, because he jumped and quickly put the bottle of pills away.

"Uh, y-yeah." He stuttered nervously while looking down.

"Well, I'm sorry." I smiled sweetly before bear hugging him.

DeVanté

"So you didn't tell her!?"

"Shut up, she sleepin."

Dalvin shook his head. "You got to tell her, man."

"I will, just not now."

"When, then? When she in the fuckin hospital from you beatin her nearly to death!?"

I glared at him. "My medicine been workin better."

"Whatever." His pager went off. He looked at it and got up. "I'm finna go, bro. You better tell her."

And with that, he left.

I sighed and rubbed my hands across my face. Dalvin is right, I do need to tell Morgan. It's just that if I do, she gone leave me and I can't lose her. I know she'll leave. I mean, who would want a man with Borderline Personality Disorder?...

.
.
.
.

So, now you know what's wrong with DeVanté. Did you expect that? 😊

Vote
Comment
Thanks for reading!