Chapter 3 | Feelings

I believe letting DeVanté get to know me is what got me in the crazy situation I was in with him. I don't know if I should regret it, or be thankful that I gave him a chance...After all, we did have some good times. Great times at that. Despite all of the bad he put me through, DeVanté is really the only man that's shown me they care on an intimate level. He is defiantly an important factor in my life.

.
.
.
.

A Month Later

DeVanté and I have gotten pretty close over the past month. He's actually a nice guy, completely different from the DeVanté Swing he displays himself to be. It's like he's a totally different person once you get to know him.

My pager went off. I looked at the number, it was Tionne. I called her from the house phone.

"Hey, girl." She said.

"Hey there."

"Can you come over here and help me pack for this tour? I already got most of my stuff picked out."

"Sure, I'll be there in about twenty minutes." I said.

"Aight. Oh, and bring some clothes to stay cause we havin a girls night, before we go." She said.

"Okay, sounds fun."

"Bet."

We hung up and I went upstairs to my room. I packed some clothes and necessities, then made my way to Tionne's house.

"Hey, boo." I smiled as I entered the house.

"Hey, put them clothes in that suitcase for me." Tee ordered.

"Well, okay then."

That Night

"So, Tee, wassup witchu and Mr. Dalvin?" Lisa asked before putting some popcorn in her mouth.

Tionne smiled. "Giiirrrlll...think I'm in love with that man." She said while slowly shaking her head.

I chuckled.

"What about you and Mr. Swing?" Lisa asked me.

"That's what I wanna know." Chilli said.

I could feel myself blushing. "What do you mean?"

They all gave me that 'nigga, you know what the fuck we talm bout' look.

"Nothing is going on between us."

Tee gave me that 'stop lyin' look. "Mhm. He sholl been at the house quite a bit lately." She sipped her imaginary tea.

"We all know you been bein fast." Lisa said.

I playfully rolled my eyes and said "We're just friends."

"Whatever. Just be careful, girl. He probably just want one thing from you." Chilli warned me.

Hearing that made me start thinking. She's right. What else could a twenty-one year old man possibly want from a fifteen year old girl?

"You just downed the girl spirits." Lisa nudged Chilli.

"I'm just sayin. DeVanté is the master at gettin a girl to drop the panties and will do any and every thing to make sure she do."

"Like I said, DeVanté and I are just friends." I said, trying to hide how hurt I actually was.

The Next Day

"Come in!" I yelled, after hearing someone knock on the door.

The door opened and in walked DeVanté.

"Hey..." I said to him.

"Sup." He smiled.

He pecked me on the lips before plopping down on the couch, flipping through channels. No, we aren't together.

"Whatcha been up to?" I asked.

"Nothin, just been in the studio." He replied.

I really wanted to confront him about what Chilli said, but that'd make me look weird and desperate. He probably does just want to open the cookie jar.

"Why you starin at me like that?" DeVanté smirked.

I didn't even realize I was staring at him. "Sorry...just thinking."

"About what? Me?"

"No!" I lied. "You're so...ugh." I playfully rolled my eyes.

Okay...I really need to know what he wants from me.

"DeVanté..."

"Hm?" He asked with his eyes focused on the TV screen.

"Look...we need to talk." He looked at me, letting me know that I have his attention. "It's about me...and you..."

"What about you and me?"

"You know how we've been getting pretty close for the past month?" He nodded his head. "...I just need to know what your intentions are with me."

He looked down, I guess he was thinking of what to say. DeVanté sighed and scratched the back of his neck before making eye contact with me. "Morgan...I-I really wasn't even plannin on getting this 'close' to you. To be honest...I just wanted to hit the raw skins..." He said.

I looked down. "Oh..."

"...but-" I cut him off. "No, I understand. I am only a fifteen year old. I mean, what else could you want from me?" I tried to say it as if I had been in this situation before and it doesn't phase me, but that's the complete opposite of how I really feel.

DeVanté looked at me with guilt. "I'm sorry if I led you on...I really am. I didn't mean for it to get this far, it was supposed to be no strings attached." He said.

"It's okay." I shrugged my shoulders. "You can go home, now."

He sighed. "Morgan, I-"

"Go."

He looked down, then walked out. He looked back at me before making his way to his car.

I locked the door and walked upstairs to my room. I sat on my bed with my knees up to my chest and cried.

Hearing him say that broke my heart. I'm sitting here, worried about what DeVanté wants from me when I don't even know what I want from him. I've never felt this way about any boy before. I guess that's the thing, though. DeVanté's not a boy, he's a grown ass man. Not just any grown ass man, he's in the group, Jodeci, for crying out loud! He's known for having all of the groupies. I'm dumb for even thinking he'd want more than sex from me. 😔

.
.
.
.

Really DeVanté? Really? 😑

Vote
Comment
Thanks for reading!