Chapter 5 | Don't

I know you guys have been waiting for an update. I hope you like it. ❤️

.
.
.
.

DeVanté

"Aye, run that part back." K-Ci told me. I restarted the tape and he started singing. "...I've been watching you, for so very long...Trying to get my nerve built up, to be so strong...I really want to meet you, but I'm kinda scared...Cause your the kind of lady, with so much class...Get my thoughts together, for the very next day...But when I see you, lady, I (forget what to saaaayyyy) Your eyes and hair, such a beautiful tone...The way you dress and walk. It really, turns me on...Oooh you really turn me on. Come on, come on, come on . . . "

"Aight." I stopped the tape. "That's it for now."

"Aight, bet. See y'all." K-Ci said to me and Dalvin. We dapped him up and he left.

Morgan

"Mo!" My aunt, Tionne's mom, yelled from the kitchen.

"Ma'am!?"

"Can you come down here for a minute, sweetie!?"

I sighed and lazily went down the stairs and into the kitchen. "Yes?"

"Can you please help me make dinner?"

Ugh 😑

"Sure." I said and I washed my hands.

•••

"So how's school?" She asked as we ate dinner.

"Cool, I guess." I shrugged.

"How are those grades looking?"

"All A's and B's, Aunt Gayle."

She smiled and said "That's good, sweetie."

The phone rang, she answered it. "Hello? . . . Um, no . . . " She looked at me. "Who's asking? . . . Okay, here she is." She handed me the phone.

"Who is it?" I whispered.

"Young man by the name of DeVanté?" She raised an eyebrow.

"I-I'll take it upstairs." I said.

I grabbed the phone and quickly went back upstairs to my room. I really didn't want to talk to DeVanté, but Aunt Gayle would've been asking questions if I told her to hang up the phone on him.

I sighed and put the phone to my ear. "What do you want?"

"Morgan, I know you mad at me and I'm sorry, but we need to talk."

"What do we need to talk about?" I asked with attitude.

I heard him sigh. "Can you just come by my house?"

I looked at the phone like it was infected.

"Um...Why?" I asked.

"I need to talk to you." He said.

I sighed and rolled my eyes upward. "What time do you want me to come?"