Chapter 18 | Can't Do This

Morgan's POV

I woke up to the sound of the front door being slammed shut. I quickly looked out of the window to see DeVanté get into his truck and pull out of the driveway.

I yawned and stretched before going into his bathroom.

Last night was crazy. After DeVanté and I's little incident or whatever, this nigga got in the bed and went straight to sleep like nothing happened! He really scares me at times.

I took a shower and whatnot and put on some clothes I keep over his house

Out of the blue, my head started hurting. I got up from the couch and went upstairs to the bathroom. I decided to go to the one in DeVanté's room, since that's where most of the medicine is.

I opened the cabinet and scanned through the different bottles of medicine. One in particular caught my eye.

I picked up the bottle and read the label.

Borderline Personality Disorder?...Prescribed to Donald Earle DeGrate, Jr?...

The fuck? 🤔

DeVanté's POV

I know I was tripping last night, but I plan on that being the last time I do anything crazy like that. Hurting Morgan was never in my intentions, but I know that's exactly what I did. So today I'm going to my doctor to see if he can get me a stronger medicine.

"Good to see ya. Mr. DeGrate." My doctor, Dr. Parker, greeted me with a manly handshake.

"Good to see you, too."

"It's been a while." He said while looking at something in his computer.

I sighed. "I know..."

"So," he started. "What brings you here today?"

"I think I need a stronger medicine or somethin, cause them pills really ain't workin." I told him.

"Hmm..." He put his hand on his chin, thinking I guess. "Well, I'm not sure how much stronger I can make it. I don't want you to overdose or anything."

Overdose? 😳 The fuck this nigga talm bout? 😐

"Did you bring your bottle?" He asked.

"Bottle of what?"

"Your medicine, Donald."

(He's been my doctor for quite some time, so I don't care if he calls me by my real name.)

"Awe, damn." I said. "I didn't bring it with me."

"That's okay, I'll just search for it in the computer." He said while clicking on the computer and typing something in. "Okay, what I'm gonna do is give you a completely different medicine instead of a stronger dose of the one you already have. That way it won't be too strong." He said.

"Thanks."

He nodded before leaving out.

I sighed and rubbed my hands across my face.

This is for Morgan. I kept repeating in my head.

I've never even cared about taking my medicine, until I met her. Now that I see I'm crazier than I thought, it's defiantly time for me to take my problem more serious than I do.