Chapter 20 | I Love You

DeVanté's POV

I need to take my medicine, huh?

I'm crazy, huh?

Oh, I'll take my medicine, alright.

I'll take more pills than I have to, if that's what it takes to get Morgan back...

Morgan's POV

It's been almost two weeks and I haven't seen or heard from DeVanté. It actually feels good to be free and not have to worry about him, but in a way I kind of miss his crazy ass.

Aunt Gayle and I are moving tomorrow. I'm actually pretty excited, because Tionne said that she'd visit every other week or as much as possible. So it's not like I won't be able to see her at all.

"Mo, you got everything packed and put into the U-Haul?" Aunt Gayle asked me.

"Yes, ma'am."

"Okay, sweetie." She closed my door.

We're staying over at Tionne's tonight and leaving in the morning.

I know I may have hurt DeVanté, so I think it's only right that I let him know that I'm moving.

"I'll be back, Aunt Gayle." I said while grabbing the keys that are officially mine now.

"Hurry on back." She said.

I nodded and left out of the house.

After getting into the car and starting it up, I pulled out and made my way to DeVanté's house.

Skipping Car Ride

I nervously got out of the car and made my way to his doorstep. I took a deep breath before knocking.

No answer.

I knocked again.

Still not answer.

I sighed and started walking back to the car. I hopped in and was about to start up the engine, but something stopped me. Something in the pit of my stomach told me to go back to the door and just open it. That's exactly what I did.

I opened the door that was unlocked.

Bruh, what the fuck!? 😷 I covered my nose from the horrible smell.

The lights were off, so flicked on the switch.

"Oh my God! DeVanté!?" I ran over to him and started shaking him.

He was unconscious.

------

"Morgan?" Dalvin came up to me and hugged me.

"Who are you?" DeVanté and Dalvin's dad asked me in a respectful manner.

"I'm- uh...a friend of DeVanté's." I said.

"Oh my goodness. How is he?" Their mom asked me.

I started crying. "I..." I cut my self off with my sobs.

"Donald DeGrate?"

"Please tell me he's alright." Their mom said to the doctor.

The doctor looked at the four of us and sighed. "He's in a deep coma."

"But he'll wake up, right?" Dalvin asked worriedly.

The doctor hesitated to speak. "He's on life support..."