Chapter 8 | Another Side of Him

I'll never forget me and DeVanté's first heated argument. He showed me another side of him. A side that I hated...

.
.
.
.

Two Months Later

Morgan

"Aye, pass me the blunt." I said to Lisa.

She passed me the rolled up piece of paper we were using as a 'blunt.' I took a hit and started fake coughing. "Damn, Mo!" She said while patting my back. "How many times I got to tell yo ass? Puff, puff, pass."

I stopped 'coughing' and passed it back to her. "Fuckin up the rotation." She said to herself before she took a hit.

"Y'all stupid." Chili started laughing.

"Right, and her ass was seriously coughin." Tionne added.

I started staring into space. "Aye, aye." Lisa said while shaking me. "What the hell wrong witchu?" She asked.

I started staring at her then burst out laughing. "...Buzz kickin in." I told her.

She shook her head. "Don't start trippin, Mo."

I laughed. "Lisaaa...I ain't trippin."

She gave me a serious look. I started laughing again. "How come every time we be gettin high, you start lookin like Sugar Bear?" I asked her.

"Bitch." She laughed out of character.

"I'm so done with y'all." Tee said.

(Yes...we're weird people. 😊)

After our fake smoking session we watched TV and chilled.

"Dalvin gave me a promise ring, y'all." Tionne said.

"Aaawwww." Chili and I said as she showed us the ring.

"Awe, hell." Lisa said. "Y'all goals or whatever."

Tionne and Dalvin have a great relationship, something I wish me and DeVanté had. He does sweet things for me, but I feel suffocated at times. He hates going to public places, because boys my age are always trying to get at me. He really gets jealous over the smallest things. A male can't even glance at me without him getting upset. 🙄

I haven't seen DeVanté in almost a week, though. He's been in the studio and what not. Only Dalvin knows that our relationship is serious. The girls know about us liking each other or whatever, but they don't know that we're official. I believe Tionne has a notion, though.

Of course DeVanté and I's relationship isn't public, because of my age. His groupies are annoying, but I don't say anything about it. I trust DeVanté, and I know he truly loves me.

I'm pretty sure he wouldn't do anything to hurt me.

The Next Day

The sound of someone banging on the front door made me wake up from my nap. "Who is it!?" I whined.

No answer. I instantly knew who it was, because only one person would test my patience like that. 😑

I unlocked the door and went back to the couch. "Well, hello there." He said.

"He-llo." I said with my eyes closed.

"You must've been sleep."

"Duuuuuhhhhhh."

He chuckled. He sat at the end of the couch and put my legs across his lap. "What you been up to?" He asked me.

"Nothing at all, life is pretty boring." By this time, I had stopped trying to go back to sleep.

It had gotten quiet for a moment. "...You know we go on tour next week...right?"

I snapped my head towards him. "What!? Next week, seriously!?"

He sighed. "I know I should've told you sooner. I just been busy and I didn't get a chance to tell you." He explained.

I glared at him. "You don't even realize that my birthday is next week!" I got up and walked into the kitchen.

Of course, he followed me. "I'm sorry, baby. I forgot." He tried grabbed my wrist, but I yanked it away from him.

"How long are you going to be gone?" I asked after grabbing a bottle of water out of the refrigerator.

He hesitated. "Six months."

My eyes almost popped out of my head. "Six months!?"

"Aye, you need to calm down with all that yellin."

"Or what!?" I crossed my arms.

He gave me a weird look. "...Don't provoke me, Morgan."

"And what the hell is that supposed to mean!?" I rolled my eyes.

I pushed passed him and started walking out of the kitchen, but he grabbed me and pushed me against the wall. He pinned my hands above my head. "Ow, let go of me!" I yelled.

He balled up one of his fist like he was ready to punch me, causing me to flinch. I looked into his eyes hazel eyes. They were darkened with rage. I started crying, scared that he was going to hit me.

He calmed down and let me go. "Baby...I'm sorry..." He said, not even looking at me.

"Get out of my house!" I cried while trying to push him out.

He grabbed my wrist again. "Don't you ever put yo muthafuckin hands on me again." He warned before leaving out.

I heard the living room door slam. I went and locked it. I slid down the door and cried.

He was really going to hit me...😢

.
.
.
.

Woah, so DeVanté man handling people now. 🤐

Vote
Comment
Thanks for reading!