Chapter 7

This chapter hasn't been edited so apologies for anything that doesn't make sense and please do help me by pointing it out.

~•~•~

I veered around the big crowd, annoyed at all the elbowing and shoving. Damn uncivilized baboons. Two can play that game.

I sucked in a sharp breath and dove into the pool of nauseating body odor. I kept my head down and elbowed my way, shoved whoever shoved me even harder. Annoyed Casey is not a very pleasurable acquaintance.

When I finally managed to emerge myself from the rest of the crowd, I stopped walking for a while and took my time in catching some needed breath.

The humid air surrounded me, sticking to every part of my exposed limbs and the smell in the air was contaminated with smoke from the engine and the lit cigars by a near bystander who was leaning on a pole, talking on the phone while smoking on the cigarette he held between his pointer and middle finger.

The sound of an oncoming train filled the station and people hollered for each other in the midst of the crowd. They hustled their way towards different platforms.

I still had another ten minutes before my train arrived but knowing that this crowd won't dissipate anytime soon, I started moving again. Maneuvering through the crows with a very heavy backpack is not something that you should try anytime soon. Trust me when I say it isn't the easiest or most comfortable thing to do.

When I finally arrived at my train's platform, the train was just arriving.

The second the doors were open, I hopped inside and hurried to my seat. All I wanted was to get this journey over with and see my Nana's bright smile with her trademark warm and gooey chocolate chip cookies.

The next hours were filled with the rarest of the rare views. The train passed by and through mountains and I enjoyed every second of the view. The mountains touched the blue sky, clear of any clouds; small villages that ornamented the landscape and lakes that reflected the sun's rays.

It reminded me of the lake in the picture that sat on my bedside table. The clear water that rippled slightly, creating shimmers to weave through the surface of the water. I quietly watched the picturesque scenery and enjoyed the peace and quiet for once before last night's events replayed itself and my head drooped at the sudden wave of exhaustion.

I could feel my anxiety and trepidation clashing with a slight sense of excitement and joy. I was torn at both the positivity and negativity of the situation.

He was remembering who I am but what would he say if he finally gathered the pieces and pieced it all together? Would he be angered by the fact that I didn't tell him the truth or reach out to him? Would he be relieved and happy that I left? Would he turn back into the Adam that I lost?

There were so many questions and when I imagine what the answers to each of them could be, I started cringing. I would be furious if I was in his shoes and yet I wouldn't do anything differently if this was to happen again.

I would understand why he would be furious. I wouldn't take the person I trusted keeping me in the dark so lightly. I would've wanted my memories back as soon as I lost them. I wouldn't blame him for wanting to murder me instead.

"It's weird, he told me you killed her but then I get these flashes of small parts of my memory that told me otherwise. It tells me that you don't have it in you to kill her but why would he lie to me? He's my best friend," Adam said in a small voice and I frowned.

Best friend? Jake? I swear if he was somehow backstabbing me after I released him from my wrath for dating Monic, I will skewer him over.

"I didn't kill your mom. She was a great woman," I said in a small voice, willing my vocal chords to work. He's going to find out sooner than later and if I started lying, I was going to dig a deeper hole for myself than I already have.