Chapter 13

The door swung open with a loud creak, arousing me from my dazed state. The two idiots were still knocked out somehow but I'm not complaining. Less work for me to do equals to happy Cassandra. Happy Cassandra might get lenient. Although, looking at Levy's half-sober face made her blood boil once more. Whatever beef this friend of his has over Mr. Huang shouldn't involve him the second he knew that she was going to get hooked.

Mr. Huang cast a look towards the tied men and strolled inside leisurely. He brought with him a basket full of fruits and what looked like meat. For a moment, all thoughts about Levy vanished and my mouth watered at the thought of meat. I didn't know how much I craved eating something until I saw the fruits brought into my line of sight.

It didn't even occur to me on how calm Mr. Huang looks when he saw the tied fools until later on. I mean, come on, two people tied together in your living space and tell me that you won't scream bloody murder.

Well, maybe you won't if you're a professional fighter. You'd probably chop them in half with your bare hands or something. I definitely could see Mr. Huang doing that bit. He took his groceries into the kitchen and although I wanted to follow him, I didn't feel comfortable leaving those two unguarded; no matter how confident I am with my rope tying skills. So I waited for him to get back.

Mr. Huang was one of those people who are very nice to others and rarely loses it. He's just really patient; but when he does blow up, my brother used to say that even hell's guard would tuck its tail and scurry off. I never thought that I would live to see that day considering the isolated living circumstances that he has.

He came back from the kitchen, his face not giving anything off and it sure as hell scared the crap out of me. I didn't like not being to read people. I got really good at it since I was a kid. Sometimes when I'm bored, I try to enhance it even further. From facial expressions, I tried to sharpen myself to notice the shifts in body language that would give out any hints on what the person was about to do or was feeling.

Mr. Huang, though, was not an easy subject to read. His facial expression ranges between being murderous and calm. His body tenses up in a few parts but that could be caused by exhaustion from walking all day outside. I couldn't tell what he was about to do but all I truly understood from past experiences was that this man is currently a ticking time bomb.

He could blow up anytime now or much later, I couldn't figure it out but not soon after that, I got my answer.

With a cringe-worthy loud crack of skin slapping skin, Levy finally roused from his slumber. Somehow, I was relieved that Mr. Huang hit him first. I'm sure I wouldn't have the heart to beat him up myself. No matter whatever mistakes he's committed, he had been my friend and I could never stare straight into the familiar eyes of a friend I've trusted, even for a little bit, while hurting them.

I would hurt myself more than I hurt them. It would not be a pleasant experience to endure.

A grunt came out from Levy's friend as Mr. Huang delivered a well-measured kick onto the man's torso. I knew it must've taken a vast control over himself to not let his foot cause internal bleeding in the man.

"帮我拿冰水." He told me and I didn't waste a second to think about his request. I let my legs lead me to the fridge and took the water jug filled with freezing cold water.

I handed it over to Mr. Huang and quickly took a step back, keeping a safe distance in case he's used up all his self-control. I hope it wouldn't happen but you can't be too ready.

Without further hesitation, Mr. Huang poured the contents of the jug over the two tied men who instantly regained their consciousness through a series of grunts and pain-filled moans. I could see their body trembling vigorously and I was almost able to feel the way the cold liquid was probably seeping through their colds and onto their skin.