Chapter 16: Surprise Present

Flashback

.

You tried not to scream over at the boy who suddenly lifted you away from your prom dress, moving you from looking over at the beautiful blue dress you were going to be wearing at the high school event.

"Shawn!" you whined, hating the boy with a passion.

Although you had just started to somewhat be friend's with the boy, his constant tactics to want to sleep with you and pull some moves didn't make you comfortable at all. He was a total asshole. Probably asked me to prom in front of loads of people knowing that I'm an asshole too and wouldn't say no, you mentally noted down, remaining in denial and trying not to fall for any charming tricks he had up his sleeve for that night.

The fact that Racy had willingly allowed the boy in this morning before the actual event was a surprise to you.

"You look very pretty in the dress," he chuckled out, moving away from you when you glared over at him.

He lay on your bed, watching you slowly curl your hair by the mirror.

"You're very pretty, period," he popped out, smiling genuinely over at you through the mirror.

You smiled back at him, it was as fake as can be and he laughed, rolling his eyes over you thinking of him as nothing but some fuckboy.

"When will you see that I'm not just trying to hit it?" he asked tiredly, "I can be nice too you know? What if I truly like you..."

Your eyes softened lightly at that, the curler you were using almost burning the side of your head as you got caught off guard at that. "Huh?" you blurted out, looking over at him sprawled out on your bed.

He slowly sat up, his eyes soft.

"I like you," he said, smiling shyly as he rubbed at the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Shawn this isn't funny," you piped quickly, trying not to burn yourself when focusing on facing away from him and over at the mirror again. However, the constant lingering of his eyes on your back didn't seem to leave you. You forgot how to breathe.

"I wasn't joking," he sighed out, moving to sit straight beside your dress, legs dangling off the edge of the bed.

"You've been a dick to me for four years," you chimed irritated, "why ask me to prom?"

"Because I like you," he said softly, saying it easily and without any worry in the world.

You rolled your eyes and he chuckled at you constantly trying to avoid the fact.

"Fine don't believe me princess," he sang out.

You actually burned your finger at that. Wincing in pain, you moved your face in disgust while looking over at him eye your waving hand in slight concern.

"You oka-"

"Ew, don't call me princess," you spat out, confused and shocked over the sudden nickname that erupted from the popular playboy from your high school.

"Why not?" he asked grinning.

"Because I'm not your princess," you snapped, focusing on your hair again.

You wanted to be alone as you got ready.

The fact that he was in jeans and a hoodie made it clear to you that he didn't care for getting ready and putting effort on himself. Why put effort when you look like that? You sighed internally, trying to avoid the flutter in your stomach erupt within you when glancing over at the boy through the mirror. Shawn Letsbi is in my room, you repeated, letting all of it sink in.