Mini Convos- side chapter

Sam just waited in the center of the room on a chair for Jin to finish his call. It was the first time Jin had taken a call so Sam allowed it, that didn't stall the curiosity ,though.

"Alright.... yeah I'm trying to find spare time for this Thursday.... Honey we've been over this, my patients need to be-.... Cordelia-"

Sam leaned a little closer to where Jin was, not letting a word slip by.

"I know- Listen To Me For Sec, Okay? Thank you."

Jin took a big sigh.

"My work hours have nothing to do with this, you know I'm passionate about helping people.... I Do Help My Family, I WORK!"

Sam giggled at the way Jin got flustered, he sounded funny.

"Honey, I would love to see you-.... She IS! When Did She Get Back?...."

Jin was biting his lip, seeming to mentally battle himself. In the end he grunted and took a deep breath.

"She's going to be the Thursday, huh?....Cordelia, I'm sorry, but this boy needs me right now..."

The look on Jin's face changed to disbelief. Sam just managed to hear the voice, it was a women.

"how much could he honestly need you? I want to see you, can't the kid wait for his next session-"

" I'm sorry, what? You think that he gets to go home?"

Jin seems a little upset. Sam, much closer now, could hear the women more.

"Doesn't he? I mean surely you can't only have him."

"Cordelia.... this kid is basically in a fish tank."

Jin tried lowering his voice, but Sam, practically next to him, heard it.

"and he's been here a lot longer then me working with him."

The woman gasped.

"you're not being serious."

" yes, I am. he went through several other doctors and quite frankly I will never find it in my heart to forgive myself if I just left him alone. it feels like i'm his only friend besides his father and... honestly, I love this kid, but he's hurt inside and I don't know how to help without hurting him or losing his trust..."

Jin's voice saddened towards the end. Sam felt sad, almost guilty about holding Jin away from his family.

"just... just tell Severa I said hi and I wish I could come-"