It's Out

Until.......

He witnessed a bravery he will never forget. He watched the waitress carefully get up as the other were distracted and threw herself on The Man's back making him drop the blade and fall on his stomach. She quickly scrambled for the knife because the blade was closer and managed to just barely stand and point it. But, The Man was far larger than her and just as she swung, her arm was caught and the man punched her so hard she hit the wall flying the knife in the other direction. His fist was like a mallet, still balled in anger. He spoke venom.

"This is what's wrong with the world nowadays! These freakish creatures are getting in the way and I have had it!"

The man guarding the door and the man who stood behind JJ grabbed the waitress and held her in place. JJ noticed no one was watching him and that he was the only other one unbound. The Man began monologuing about hybrids, inferiority & superiority, and more things the boy could care less about. JJ saw the knife and because of the brawl it was just within his grasp. He snatched it and took deep breaths as he thought.

This could really hurt them, it's bad, but it might help. I just have to be strong and help Sam.

JJ snuck beside the man holding Sam and tried to stab his leg. However, his nature took hold and he just barely scratched his skin, but that was enough to make the man jump and lose grip on Sam. JJ pulled on Sam, but he seemed out of it, unable to stand. JJ figured it was the same thing with Jin and Cordelia. Before he could find a solution, The Man turned around, more agitated than before. He was marching towards them, but the waitress wasn't ready to give up and managed to throw the switch blade at the back of his head, even if it was closed, it was something. The Man groaned loudly with anger deeply sewn into it as he threw the boys to the parents and began yelling incessantly. Jin showed relief and Cordelia cried as she hushed Sam and praised JJ's bravery. JJ showed he still tightly held the knife, but laid it in front of him. Then The Man yelled a question.

"WHY DO YOU KEEP INTERFERING!?"

The waitress looked up and then looked towards Sam. Her voice was hoarse and exhausted.

"B-because... Us hybrids... w-we.. we have to stick together."

She smiled at Sam threw tears. The Man pulled out something the family couldn't make out.

"How much are you willing to believe that?"

The woman's eyes watered and she looked down. The Man smiled until she spoke.

"T-.... To."

She looked up at him with a determination.

"To my grave, you monstrous bastard." 

The Man scowled.

"So be it, you'll be an example."

They heard a click and Cordelia shouted at the boys.

"DON'T LOOK-"

The bang was so loud Sam's ears felt like they bled, but that didn't concern him. He stared at the slumped figure that still looked at him with a smile. She was weak and whispered, but Sam's ears heard her.

"Stick together, right little buddy?.... You're one strong kid."

Sam cried like crazy and Cordelia tried to soothe him as did Jin... They still hadn't known.

"It's alright, Sam."

"We're gonna be okay."

"Everything will be fine."

Sam's eyes began showing that same slight red in his eyes. He tried to hold back, he didn't want them to see. It grew, it hurt, it wants to be let out. But then, The Man turned around and said it.