Prejudice

Sam was in awe of the large building, staring at the many people coming in and out and bright lights. Jin was a little on edge due to continuous glances at Sam and mumbles mentioning the single feature. Jin was worried that Sam would notice, but the little boy just hopped in excitement as JJ came to his side. As JJ grabbed Sam's arm, talking about what movie and games they'd go to, people stared in amazement as no one had seen a rabbit hybrid interact with a normal human so closely. Jin moved quickly to the side of the young boys as he saw a couple about to approach them and began to edge them on subtly, using excitement.

"Ugh- HEY! Head inside, JJ. Show Sam around, I think it's his first time at a movie theater or arcade."

JJ gasped and turned to Sam, who sheepishly nodded. In his blind bewilderment JJ grabbed Sam's arm and dragged him inside, Cordelia close behind. Jin watched them walk in and once out of sight, he turned his head toward the couple. They jumped and stared down as they sped walked in the opposite direction. He knew he was right, they were going to ask why they were together, suggest they play with their own. Jin for a moment thought of turning back and confronting them, but he knew it'd be foolish. He was startled as a hand tapped his shoulder. A young woman with blonde hair with a large man.

"U-um... I know it's not really my place, but.... I wanted to say, you're very brave."

Jin looked at her slightly confused.

"What do you mean?"

The man responded for her.

"What she means is, it's brave to take out your hybrid child out without hiding his ears or anything- with all the prejudice still around."

Jin held up his hand.

"Oh, no he's-"

Before he could explain the woman went on.

"Yeah, it's getting better but, you still get people stuck in the past. Its moved on from the rabbits to frogs. It's sad, if it isn't one it's the other!"

The man nodded, Jin had no idea what to say. He agreed, though. Jin, the moment he got to japan, completely understood the increased prejudice against hybrids in general, it seemed like the people tried to defy that by directing at them one at a time. It was odd, more along the lines to ridiculous to Jin. The woman jumped, quickly catching Jin's attention.

"I-I'm so sorry, I'm keeping you from your family. I just thought maybe I'd try to give you a little pick-me-up compliment. We should get back to our kids, too."

Jin waved as he watched the two walk up to a boy and girl with black hair and blue eyes. They looked like they could be twins, but the boy was clearly older. Out of sheer curiosity of the two he wanted to invite them with him, it would do Sam well to see beyond prejudice. The thought left as he heard his wife's voice call him.

"Jin! We picked a movie!"

Looking back only slightly at the couple, Jin walked over towards the entrance and towards jumpy childish figures as he thought to himself.

Well, it's not like they'll play a part in Sam's life anymore than I will.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Hey Readers,

I'm back on a good schedule for myself! Any late chapters will be due to me working on other works of mine, popular or not! I've realized once again why I decided to write on Wattpad. I didn't want popularity like I was so worried about, I wanted somewhere to keep and save my work. I wanted a place to let my creativity and passion for writing run rampant! To refine my own skills in order to continue my hope for becoming an actual writer. I'm sorry if my loss of way made you lose interest or anxious. I know I hate when a writer does that. So, please forgive me for being self-centered. I should put my focus in giving enjoyment to loyal readers. I'm back on going straight to work. I'll be posting Chapters regularly on this schedule. I'm including my other works as well, just to clarify.

- also, one is on hiatus as it randomly deletes itself

Sam's Past

SUNDAY, WEDNESDAY

The Show Must Go On

THURSDAY

Criminally Misconceived

MONDAY

Travelling To A Past Life

SATURDAY

Tuesday is just an update day!

Well, that's all.

I appreciate all of you, thank you for bearing with me as I figured out everything!

Over and Out.