What Now?

LEXA'S POV:

All the light from the day was gone and we sat only surrounded by the glow of the fire.

"So uh, Lexa. No warpaint today?"
Raven said right before putting some food into her mouth and she grinned at me while chewing.

I looked down at my plate and I could feel my face heat up. My cheeks were brighter than the fire and everyone saw. I looked over at Raven with a death stare and Clarke looked at me with a confused smile on her face.

"What are you guys talking about?
Clarke said with a little laugh.

"Nothing."
I said quickly before Raven could get anything out. I usually would never let anyone do this to me but I liked Raven and she did it in the spirit of friendship.

I looked at Clarke and her piercing blue eyes shot through me. I couldn't say a word. Everyone continued talking and laughing but I was so focused on Clarke to care about anything else.

The entire night everyone shared stories and laughs and I tried listening but was so distracted by Clarke. I don't know if it was the way the moon light hit her features in all the best ways or the burning fire that reflected in her eyes. I am so deeply and utterly in love with Clarke I cannot manage to look away.

Eventually everyone finished eating and the nightbloods had left to go sleep. And Abby was kind enough to help Anya pitch the tents for us to sleep in. They were walking over and let us know they finished the tents. Raven and O were already walking over to theirs near Indras. Jasper and Monty sprung up to run over to their tents and Monty pushed Jasper into his causing it to collapse slightly. They laughed it off since it was an easy fix.

I stood up and Clarke and I started to make our way over to a tent.

"Hey Clarke I have ours set up over here."
Abby said to her daughter.

I had forgotten about the situation when Clarke turned to her mother.

"Uhm, mom I'm going to stay with Lexa tonight."

Abby frowned.

"Honey, I'm not going to let you sleep together."

"Well mom, I'm 18 and I'm pretty sure that I'm sleeping with her tonight. I thought you'd be over this by now."

Clarke didn't wait for her mother to answer so she took me by the hand and pulled me into the tent a few steps ahead of us.

"I'm sorry Clarke."

"It's fine Lexa, she'll get past it."

I sat down on the furs and laced my fingers through hers. I could tell she was trying to hold all of her emotions in so I reached my hand out to touch her cheek.

"I love you Clarke, my heart belongs to you."

She looked at me with a weak smile and watery eyes. It was very dim in our tent since it was small.

I stood to blow out the only candle we had and started to take off my coat.

"Thank you."
I heard from behind me.

"I appreciate those things you said to my mom. Did you mean them?"

"With every breathe, Clarke."

She stood up to meet me face to face and she gently placed a hand on the side of my neck with her thumb rubbing back and forth on my jawline.

I knew she couldn't stop staring at me but I watched her all night and I was ready to kiss her.

I leaned into her soft lips remembering the sweetness that always made me come back for more. My arms were by her sides and my hands touched her hip bones. We weren't wearing much since we hiked all the way from Polis so I just took off her jacket.

Clarke sat down on the bed and took her shirt off but had an undershirt on. I dropped to my knees and crawled on top of her. I didn't know what she wanted right now so I wasn't going to do anything.

She leaned up to kiss me but I slowly laid her back down never separating our lips. Clarke rolled me over but now we were on our sides. Neither of us moved.

Her soft lips pressing back into mine and my body burning at every touch. I felt her tongue press through my lips and her hands pull me closer. Her fingers traced circles on my back and it always took my breathe away. Clarke's hand were in my hair pulling my face close to hers for a deep kiss before she let me go.

"I love you too Lexa."

I smiled and gave her a small kiss. She turned over and pressed her body into mine. Clarke never let me hold her like that, but nevertheless I squeezed her in tightly against me.

-------------------------------------------------------

CLARKE'S POV:

Lexa pulled me into a hug and then scooted a few inches away.

"How was your day?"

Lexa was tracing infinity signs on my back when she asked.

"It was... a long day. So many things happened."

Her hand went flat against my back and I heard her breathe before she spoke.

"I understand the part about your mother not being great but why wasn't the rest of it good?"

I sighed and turned onto my back to look up.

"Honestly, I was jealous all day. I wanted to be with you but I was scared about my friends and my mom. I'm sorry I just I'm... I wasn't ready Lexa. I watched Jasper hit on you and it made me mad but I couldn't do anything. And you were having a good time with Raven and I got even more jealous because it wasn't me making you smile."

It was silent and I was still staring at the top of the tent. When I turned to look at Lexa, she was laughing at me.

"Hey! What's so funny!?"
I nudged her shoulder.

She rolled half her body on mine and her hair fell down and the tips dragged across my skin. Her eyes staring into mine. Our faces were so close since there was no light.

"You? Jealous? Not possible."

Lexa's hair tickled my skin but I didn't move a muscle when she looked down at me. I felt her breathe on my lips and It made me shudder. She touched my lips ever so lightly with hers and I could feel every sensation in my body. I trembled when I felt her hands run down my sides. I felt like I was suffocating when every touch of her skin forced my breathing to stop. I grabbed her hand and folded my fingers in hers.

"How was your day?"
I whispered trying to catch my breathe.

She laid back down against me and touched her forehead to my neck. My heart was racing and I hoped she hadn't noticed.

"I actually had a really good day."

"You seemed like you did."

"Yeah. At first I was upset I wouldn't get to spend all day with you alone but Anya promised me to try and keep you occupied. I was going to walk behind everyone today and let all of you guys catch up but Raven kept me company."

She was quiet for a few seconds.

"I really like Raven, Clarke. She's given me a lot of insight about your people. And you. I hope you can be better friends. I don't expect you'll be having problems anymore."

Raven talked about me? I thought she hated me. No wonder she wasn't giving me dirty looks anymore. I kept thinking about scenes from today and Lexa seemed to always be smiling. Just the thought of her and her smile made me happy and I could feel one come on to my face.

"I'm glad you had a good day Lexa I think it's about time you got to smile more"

I looked over to see this beautiful girl fast asleep in my arms. I pulled her in closer so half of her body laid on me and I kissed her forehead.

"Reshop, Heda."