It Seems So Familiar

CLARKE'S POV:

My eyes struggle open when I see flashes of bright light shine through the room every 10 to 15 seconds. I curl to my side and press my hand against the familiar concrete wall. The cold setting against my hand makes me jump.

I spin around in bed and almost fall off. The room, the smell, the lights. All flooding into my memory. I know immediately where I am... The Ark.

I'm looking around the room and I stand to strut to the window. I see the spinning craft orbiting the Earths atmosphere.

The sound of the door opening jolts me around.

"Hey sleepy head, Wells is looking for you."

"Mom?"

She glances back at me.

"Clarke." She waited for a response expectantly.

"What's going on?" I sputter.

She turned around completely taking in the full sight of me.

"Well, I'm assuming you just woke up from your daily nap and you're now on your way to find your best friend."

Before I could say anything else she shooed me out of the room and started to fold some clothing.

I pushed out the door and walked into the halls I grew up in. I rested against the wall beside the door and squished my face in my hands trying to wake up.

I heard a loud laughter cut through the silence and I removed my shield of fingers to inch towards the voice. The direction, I knew, the turns, I knew, all of it stung of familiarity but still seemed out of place. I walk into the room of the laugh I heard and find him sitting there in a chair across from another.

"So glad you could join us Clarke."

My heart was pounding a thousand times a second and I could feel the lump in my throat expand.

"Wells." I gasped out.

"C'mon, Clarke we've got a game to play remember?"

I walked further in to see Jaha rise from the chair across from his son.

"You let me know if he ever wins Clarke, he can never seem to beat his old man. Good luck, not that you need it though."

He lets out a small chuckle and walks away.

"Clarke, let's go we've only got-"

He looks down at his watch.

"We have 20 minutes!" He said a little agitated.

"Jeez, Clarke, can't you plan your naps better or something?"

I stood in shock to see him alive and well sitting before me, all I could choke out was his name, again.

"Wells." He looked up at me like I was crazy.

"Yeah and you're Clarke, let's get this over with so we don't miss the solar flare."

I leaned down to cross my arms over his chest and embrace his sitting body.

"What is the matter with you girl?" He said with a hint of laughter in his voice.

"Nothing I just- It's nice to see you." A tear fell from my eye and I wiped it away quickly.

"Do you not want to play chess or something today? Wait- are you mad at me? Shit-"

I listened to him babble on for a few more minutes when I saw a figure walking up from the hall I walked out of. A recognizable body shifted into my sight and my breathe caught.