The One That Got Away

LEXA'S POV:

Clarke walked with her mother to her room and I stayed behind to catch up on everything else that has happened. Clarke wanted me to come with her so she could get her mother to like me but I have a lot of work to go through. Titus walked over to me.

"Anya is bringing Nia here commander."

"thank you Titus, how are my people?"

"I've taken them from the temple and given them all rooms."

I always appreciated Titus even though he was overbearing at times. He is the closest thing to a father that I have. He had always favored me in the conclave and now here I am, Commander. When Luna fled he vowed he would find and kill her for me but I refused. If she were going to leave she knew to never come back. And she didn't until now.

"So... Are you ready to deliver me Wanheda?"

Nia walked through the doors with chains around her hands and Anya stood behind her. I let Roan be escorted to a guarded room because I knew he was not as ambitious as his mother in the sense of him wanting Ice Nation ruling the 12 clans. He was just a son obeying his mother.

"No, and you will never have her. You are still alive because I'm allowing it. But now I need you to tell me why you attacked Skai Kru, they are no threat to you."

"I will trade you Waheda's people for her. If you do not comply I will kill each and everyone one of them. And then I will kill you and take your throne. Long live Azgeda."

She cackled so intensely as the guards dragged her from the room. I turned to Anya to go get Clarke but she walked right in.

"I won't let my people die because of me. I'm going to Arcadia."

I felt my stomach churn at her words, I didn't want Clarke to leave.

"you can't, Nia's people will kill you."

"I don't care Lexa, I have to do something I can't just leave them there."

I felt anxiety take me over. "Don't leave Clarke... stay until we can figure this out."

"HEDA, HEDA!" I looked back to see a running Titus. He reached the door and I waited for a response.

"Luna... She..."

"what Titus? I thought you said she was missing?"

"Nia's dead... Luna..."

Luna came around the corner, blood strewn on her clothes and face. Two guards held her arms.

"I owe nothing to you now Lexa. Keep your throne, let me free to return home."

Lincoln came running around the corner and knocked out both of the guards and they started to run away. I didn't know how to feel. I sent guards after them knowing they would not catch either of them. I hadn't planned to catch them, I was considering killing Nia anyway. I knew Roan would make a better king.

I walked out of the room and down the hall to find Nia's lifeless body on the floor. There was blood on the walls. I turned back to find Clarke, she was gone. I began running to her room as I ran past Anya.

"Lexa, where are you going?"

"Clarke, where's Clarke?"

I didn't stop to hear her answer. She just started to run by my side. My heart was beating so fast I could hear it in my head. My body burned and ached at the thought of Clarke leaving me. I needed her. I got to her door, my hand was trembling on the handle. I fell to my knees when I looked inside to see it empty.

"Lexa, we can send a rider out to find her she couldn't have gone far at all.."

"No, my people come first. Nia's death won't stay silent. Her soldiers will revolt and they might kill skai kru anyway."

Anya closed the doors behind her and I was still on the floor. She left me alone in Clarkes room and I wanted to stand to go lay on the bed and breathe in her scent. But I felt to weak to get up so I leaned back against the doors. Anya didn't leave, she just stood watch for me. I sat there for a while longer trying to control my breathing.

Minutes passed by before I could speak without choking down a shaky breathe.

"Bring me Roan."