Chapter 3

Dinah's POV

I walked through the doors of Chipotle immediately looking around for Normani. I spotted her sitting where we were yesterday. I instantly looked at her outfit. Let's just say that it wasn't water dripping from my lip.

"Hey!" I said walking up to her smiling.

"Hi!" She said getting up to give me a hug. She smelled so good.

I pulled back from the hug and looked at the table to see that she already ordered my food for me.

"I kind of remembered what you had yesterday." She said following my gaze and smiling.

___10 minutes later___

"Scandal, Love and hip hop, and American Horror Story." Normani said.

We were currently talking about our favorite tv shows.

"Same!! But there's this show I've been watching on Netflix called the 100, and it's soooo-" I said before I got interrupted by my walkie talkie on my shoulder.

"Officer Hansen we've got a 506 (I have no idea if that's real or not or what it is) at the grocery store, over." My partner told me.

I silently cursed to myself before I replied "Copy that."

"I'm sorry Nor- " I said getting up before she cut me off.

"I know...go ahead." She said smiling and completely understanding.

I smiled at her.
******************
Normani's POV

I was kind of sad that Dinah and I had to end our date early, but I know that being a police officer can be hectic.

I was at the grocery store to get some ingredients to make dinner for tonight. I've been eating fast food for the past week.

After walking out of the grocery store, I put my bags in my car. Just as I closed the back door, I heard someone yell "freeze" and I instantly jumped.

Only to turn around and see Dinah giggling in her police car.

"Hey stranger." She said smiling.

"Hey." I said walking up to her car.

"Oh yeah, I'm sorry about earlier. I guess I was too caught up in your beauty that I forgot that I was a police officer." She said smiling as she winked at me.

I rolled my eyes playfully and decided to play along.

"I mean, well of course you were." I said flipping my hair and giggling as she giggled too.

"What are you up to?" She asked.

"Oh nothing, I just bought some groceries to cook some dinner." I said and as if on cue, I heard her stomach growl.

"What about you?" I asked.

"I'm actually off the rest of the night." She said as she pounded her fist up repeatedly.

"Well would you maybe like to come over and have dinner with me?" I asked as I noticed her stomach growl again.

"Of course......I'll see you then." She said winking as she drove away.

I smiled and walked back to my car and got in. My smile slowly faded.

What did I just get myself into?
***************************
Dinah's POV

I got out of my car as I stared at the beautiful two story house in front of me. I almost thought it was the wrong house. But then I remembered what kind of job she had.

I sighed as I looked down at the Lily's in my hands. Yesterday she mentioned that they were her favorite.

I walked up to her doorstep.

Here we go.
_________________________________________________________________________________
How was it?
Again this is my first book, so I need feedback.
Don't forget to comment and vote!!!!!
~ Cierra Monae 💜