Chapter 39

6 months into Normani's pregnancy

Normani grunted as she struggled to squeeze her shirt over her stomach. She huffed, knowing that it wouldn't fit and began to take it off. Now that she had a medium sized baby bump, almost all of her clothes couldn't fit. She made a mental note to go to the maternity store soon.

"Dinah," She called. "Can I wear one of your shirts?" She stared at herself in the mirror, her hands rubbing small circles on her stomach. She heard Dinah's steps, but she didn't bother to turn around.

Dinah crept slowly behind Normani, placing her hands over the darker girl's. She moved her face inside the crook of Normani's neck and kissed the area.

"Having a little trouble, are we?" She mumbled, before kissing her neck again. Normani only huffed again and nodded slowly, her lips forming a pout.

"I can't fit any of my clothes." Normani replied. Her head began to fall back slowly as Dinah kept kissing her neck.

"And Grey has been moving all day and it hurts like hell." She groans when she feels the seed in her stomach begin to move again.

"Do you want me to talk to him? I could calm him down." Dinah whispers, already turning Normani towards her. She sank down to her knees.

Normani chuckled at Dinah's words. "I think that'll just make him more excited Dinah. You know he loves when you talk to him."

Dinah looked up and smiled brightly at the older woman. "Well, let's see." She moved closer and placed her ear on Normani's stomach.

"Hey mama's baby." She said quietly. She smirked when she felt him move more. Normani winced as she held her stomach in pain. "Dinah!" She whined.

"Sorry," She whispered with a nervous grin. She then placed her ear on her stomach again and replaced Normani's hands with her own. Her hands began to caress the baby with care.

"You can do me a favor, right Grey?" She speaks. Normani looks down in awe with a bright smile. She loved how acquainted they were with each other; though Grey wasn't even out of the womb yet.

"You can move, but just don't move so much to hurt mommy. Okay? You can do that for me, right?" Dinah smiles when she feels the baby boy slowly falter his movements.

Normani's eyes widen with shock. "How did he understand you?" She furrows her eyebrows.

"Uh, because I'm me. Duh," Dinah responds while playfully rolling her eyes. She stood up from her position and gave Normani a peck on her lips.

"Were best friends, obviously." She smirks.

Normani rolls her eyes playfully and replies, "Well thank you. He's not moving anymore and it feels so much better." 

"You're welcome, baby." Dinah smiles and leans in to capture the shorter girl's lips. Like usual, Dinah slowly sneaks her tongue in without consent and began to explore Normani's mouth.

After finally realizing it, Normani pushes against Dinah's chest until she finally releases the kiss. "Watch it." She warns.

Dinah immediately frowned and removed her arms from brunette's waist to fold her arms against her chest. "I've been doing good, Mani. I've resisted the urge to have sex with you for a whole TWO WEEKS." She chuckles.

"Why can't I have a break?" She whines. "Especially when it's Valentines Day."

Normani smirks with a secretive look on her face. "I think I have something better than sex." She looked down at the Michael Kors watch on her wrist. Dinah had bought it for her a while back. It wasn't for a special occasion, it was just because she loved her and appreciated her.

"There's something outside that I want you to see." Normani squealed in excitement as she dragged the blonde out of their bedroom.

Once they arrived outside of their large two story home, Dinah looked around in confusion.

"Um, what are supposed to be looking at?" She chuckled. She looked over to Normani who was once again looking at her watch.

"3, 2, 1." She said as she looked at a particular location in the sky.

"What are you-" Dinah was interrupted when the noise of an airplane caught her attention. As she looked at the sky, a small white plane came into view. She squinted her eyes even more than before and saw that there was a banner on the tail of the plane.

Normani looked over at Dinah in excitement as the blonde read the words on the banner aloud.

"Happy Valentine's Day Dinah Jane. We love you! - From Normani and Greyson"

The Polynesian shook her head in awe as she turned to face her fiancé. "You did all this for me?" She asked while bringing Normani in for a long, tight hug.

"Of course, baby. You deserve it." Normani replied, her voice being muffled because of her face being shoved in Dinah's neck. She began to hear the lighter girl's soft sobs as she held her tighter.

"Babe, don't be a cry baby." Normani teased as she rubbed Dinah's back comfortably. She slowly pulled back from the hug and reached to wipe her tears.

"I hate you." Dinah giggles while she wipes excess tears on her sleeve.

"Nope. You love me." Normani smirks, taking Dinah's hands into hers. The tan girl nodded only in agreement.

"You're right. I DO love you." She smiles brightly.

"This still isn't better than sex though." Dinah laughs before flinching from Normani slapping her around.

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding!"

_______________

Vote & comment ‼️
Happy Valentines Day 💞

~ CM ❣