Chapter 21

Normani's POV

"Dinah."

"Dinah."

"DINAH."

I huff when she doesn't move. I take a deep breath and call her name louder this time.

"DIIINNNAAAAH." I yell and she immediately jumps.

I giggle as she glares at me. She grabs her phone from the nightstand to look at the time.

"Maniiii, it's 3:00 in the morning." She groans as she lays back down and closes her eyes again.

"Yeah, and it's also Monday...which means you have to go to work." I say.

"Noo didn't you hear?" She asks with her eyes still closed and I furrow my eyebrows.

"Hear about what?" I ask.

"Today is teacher work day." She says in a duh tone.

"You're not in school anymore baby." I laugh.

"Just please call in and tell Officer Morgan that I'm sick." She groans. "Please?"

"Dinah-" She cuts me off. "We could go out again." She says in a persuasive tone.

I sigh. "You better be glad that I love you." I say and grab her phone to dial Officer Morgan's number.

______________

"Dinah, you don't need that." I say as I take the candy bar away from her. She frowns at me.

We were currently at the grocery store to get groceries for dinner tonight.

I roll my eyes. "We need to go back to the gym anyway." I say. 

"Not after what happened last ti-" Someone interrupts her.

"Oh my god...Dinah Jane?"

I huff knowing that it was one of Dinah's exes. How many of our exes are we going to run into?

She turns around and immediately gasps.

"Karly? What the hell!" Dinah says as she instantly pulls her into a hug.

They hug for what seems like forever before I clear my throat.

She immediately pulls back. "So who is this?" She asks Dinah as she points at me.

I start to smile as I wait for her to say the word, but my smile soon falters.

"Oh she's just a friend, anyway how have you been? I haven't seen you in like forever." She gushes.

I furrow my eyebrows. A friend?
_________

Dinah's POV

"Okay I'll see you later." I say as I walk away from Karly.

Karly was of course my ex, but our relationship ended on good terms. That's why we're such good friends now.

When I hugged her, memories of our relationship came back which caused our hug to last longer. I just hope that Mani didn't notice.