Chapter 17

So guys I have bad news....after this chapter I'm discontinuing this book. I just think that it's bad and I need to start over. Wish me luck guys😘....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Juuusstt kidding guys 😂....I wouldn't give up on this book unless you guys just flat out told me that I should. But through the book I think that I've gotten somewhat better as a writer, but I've still have A LOT to work on. So thanks for sticking with me even though all the chapters are very bad and short. You guys are giving me time to develop into a better writer and I appreciate that. 😩❣ But I am kind of thinking of writing another book unless you guys think I shouldn't . (Hint hint: Comment)

Normani's POV

Dinah's been acting very weird lately. I haven't seen her in like 3 days which is very unlikely of her.

We still talk and text and sometimes she just randomly tells me that she loves me, which I'm not complaining about.

And the worst I can think is that she's cheating on me. But I just know she isn't. Maybe she's just busy at work I keep thinking, but if she was she would have told me.

I needed advice. Preferably my mothers advice. Plus it was our annual family barbecue and I couldn't miss it even if I wanted to.

"What are you thinking about." I heard my mother ask. "I know you didn't come here just for the barbecue....what's going on?" She asked.

I sighed as I sat on my bed in my old room. "Is it that obvious?" I asked.

"Mother knows best." She smiles.

"I don't know....Dinah's been acting weird lately and I don't want to think the worst." I say.

"You know I have yet to meet her. I don't even know what she looks like." She fusses.

"Oh mom you HAVE to see her. She has the most lushest golden blonde hair, innocent brown eyes, and the most beautifulest smile that she always hides." I blushed as I babbled about Dinah.

"You know I've never seen you so love." She smiles at me. 

"Thanks mom but you're not really giving me any advice." I laugh as she playfully pushed me.

"Look just give her some time and she'll come around. At least that's what I did with your father, except he asked me t-" she got cut off as my phone rang.

I see Dinah's face pop up across my screen and instantly get excited. Mainly because I haven't talked to her all day.  

"Hey baby, I miss you." I smile. "I miss you too baby." She says but something sounds off about her.

I hear whispering in the background and instantly get suspicious. "Where are you?" She asks me.

"I'm at my family's annual barbecue, rememb-" she cut me off. "Mani I'm coming over....I have to tell you something." She says awkwardly.

"Okay?" I say unsure of what she had to tell me. "I'll see you later okay? I love you." She says and hangs up without giving me a chance to respond.

"What'd she say?" My mom asks with eagerness.

"She's acting weird again. And she said that she's coming over because she has something to tell me." I sighed.

I see her frown slowly turn into a smile. "Okay mom, now you're acting weird. What are you smiling about?" I ask.

"No reason I just thought about something funny. Come on let's go wait for Dinah." She says as she grabbed my hand pulling me to the back yard where all of my family were.

________30 minutes later________

Being at this barbecue really took my mind off Dinah. I was really having fun catching up with all my family. It was a good feeling until my mom told me that Dinah was here.

I wanted to talk in private but my mom told me that she insisted on coming to the backyard where everyone else was.

So you could see the expression on my face when I see Dinah walking in with practically her whole family behind her.

She looked at me nervously. What the hell is going on I keep thinking.

She grabs a mic from where we were playing music from and she steps in front of me.

"Excuse me everyone can I get your attention please." She says and everyone turns their attention to her.

"Most of you don't know me yet, but I'm Normani's girlfriend Dinah and I really have to get some things off my chest." She says.

"And I really wanted to do it in front of everyone including my family, is that alright?" She asks and I hear everyone rooting.

What the hell. What the hell. What the hell.

"You know I'm very nervous right now. I know that I've been acting very weird these past few days and I'm sorry for that." She says as she looks in my eyes.

It's always been our thing. We can tell what's going on with each other through our eyes.

"Normani Kordei when I saw you in chipotle, I knew that I had to have you. That's why I asked you out the minute I saw you." The crowd laughed. "Through all these months that we've been together, I've fallen deeply in love with you. I love everything about you. Your personality, your goofiness, your hair, your eyes, your body, and my favorite, your smile." I hear the crowd say 'aww'. "I promise you no one will ever try to make you happy or cherish you more than me." She says as she slowly got on one knee.

Everyone starts rooting.

At this point I have tears in my eyes and have my hands over my mouth in awe.

"Normani if you're not the love of my life, then I don't know who is." She smiles.

I look up to see my mom and I'm assuming Dinah's mom hugging each other and crying.

"Let's make a plan. Ten years from tonight we'll tell our children the story of how I proposed to you. " She says as she pulls out a small box from her jacket pocket and opens it, revealing a beautiful diamond hearted ring.

"Normani Kordei, will you marry me?" She looks up at me and smiled.

I frantically nodded my head. "Yes yes yes!!!" I yell and puts the ring on my finger. I immediately jump on her.

Dinah's POV

I don't know how to explain what I'm feeling right now.

All I can think is that I've finally got the love of my life.

____________________

Sooo what do you guys think? They're getting married!!

Vote & Comment ‼️
~ Cierra Monaé ❣