Chapter 5

I freaking love Summerella and this song kind of matches the chapter.

Dinah's POV
It was 11 something and we were walking out of the movie theater. I suggested that we should go at a late time to make it more fun.

We walked up to my car and got in.

"Where do you want to go now." I asked.

"I don't know but I don't want to go home just yet." She says.

"Fine by me." I said as I drove off.
*****************
After driving around for about 15 minutes, I parked at an old restaurant.

"You know I really had fun tonight." I said after 2 minutes of silence.

"Of course you did." She said chuckling and referring to her jumping in my arms almost every 5 minutes of the movie.

"I promise nothing's going to happen to you, it's just a movie." I said laughing.

"I hope not....I've had enough horrible things happen to me." She said looking out the window.

"What do you mean?" I ask curiously.

"Look Dinah, I think you know by now that I really like you...." She said trailing off.

"Yeah..." I said getting worried.

"But I've been in so many of the same relationships that I don't think I can trust anyone anymore." She said as she looked down.

"Oh.....Mani I-" I said before she cut me off.

"I think I should go home." She says.
***********************
It's been two days since the incident with Mani and she hasn't talked to me since.

If she can't trust anyone anymore, her last relationship had to be horrible.

But I want to prove to her that it's not gonna happen with me. So today I'm going to her job to talk her.
******************************
I sighed as I pulled up to Normani's job. 'Here we go' I thought as I got out of my car.

When I walked in, I  immediately saw Normani talking to some man at the front desk. I quickly gathered up what I was gonna say and walked over.

"Hey Mani." I said nervously.

"I'll see you later Joe." She said to the man at the desk as she walked away.

"Mani, just talk to me!" I yelled as I walked after her.

She kept walking.

"NORMANI!" I yelled as I grabbed her wrist. I was getting frustrated and people were starting to stare.

"What!!" She yelled back as she turned around.

"Look I don't give a damn about your past relationships!" I said stepping closer to her.

She stared into my eyes and I see a tear fall down her cheek.

I sigh as I look down and grab both of her hands.

"Just.....Let Me Love You." I said as I stared into her eyes.

And at that moment, I wanted to do something that I've wanted to do since we've met.

I wasted no time and leaned in to capture her lips.

And honestly that was the best kiss that I've had ever in my life.

As we were kissing, I heard cheering from the audience that now gathered around us.

I'm in love.
______________________________________________________________________
Comment, comment, vote, and comment‼️‼️
~ Cierra Monae 💜