Chapter Four

Pic Of Cassie To The Right!

CORY'S POV

“Did you have fun last night at my party?” Cassie Sanders purred, rubbing against Conner. I rolled my eyes. My brother was a real player. I heard a nice engine, and looked towards the sound.

Holy shit. So that’s what that car was that was behind the Avalanche.  She got out and walked past us, and glanced at me and Conner. When she passed, I looked over at my brother and he looked angry. I laughed, which resulted in a punch to the arm, but I just kept on laughing.

“Looks like your car isn’t in the spotlight anymore,” I teased him. Conner’s Porsche was the best car in the school-until now. I walked over to the new girl’s car. Goddamn, that bitch was nice. It was a charcoal grey Audi r8 GT. Some badass black rims, black interior with red stitching, and mahogany finish- as in the dash, the shift base, the radio inset, etc… I’ll admit it, I was jealous. I wanted that car.

“Bitch is clean,” Conner appraised.

“Definitely cleaner than your Porsche,” I taunted. He scowled, still unhappy with this sudden spotlight change.

We went inside before the bell rang, and I caught a glimpse of the new girl looking down the hall. She looked… nervous. When the bell sounded, she jumped a little, and started down the hallway, glancing at the map in her hand. 

I weaved through the crowd and found my only friend, John. For the record, he was me and Conner’s only friend by choice. I’d be damned if we let anybody close except for him. We had other friends, but John was like a brother. And others were… just people. Just people we were cool with.  Anyway, I met up with John and punched his shoulder as I approached.

“What up, my boy?” he asked.

“What’s up, John. We got a girl.”

“No shit, huh? Who is she?” he asked around a bite of honeybun. 

“She’s fucking hot, is what she is.”

“Sweet! Let’s get to class before the teacher flips. We’ll talk more about this later, my man!” 

We started to pre-calculus and as we got there, the teacher gave us a disapproving look. I noticed the new chick at a desk in the back, with an open notebook and a pen at the ready. A good student, I guess- John and I sat close to her. 

After the bell rang, the lights went out and the notes went up on the projector. 

“Dude!” John whispered. “She’s so hot!”