Chapter Twenty One

KYLEIGH'S POV

“Wait, so… so, you didn’t tell her?”

“No, I didn’t. I would never do that to you, Kyleigh.” We were sitting on his couch in his room, watching a movie, and he had just explained everything to me.

And I felt like the world’s biggest bitch.

“So… Conner had snuck her in, and she had overheard me tell you when she was in the kitchen that day…”

“Yes. They had… done stuff the night before, and she never left. When I went inside and you went to the laundry room, I saw her in the kitchen wearing Conner’s shirt. And I knew by the look on her face that she had heard. I told her not to tell anybody, and technically she didn’t… she told you.”

“I… I can’t believe this…”

“Please, I swear it’s true, Kyleigh. I would never do that to you, please believe me! I swear, I-”

“No, I can’t believe I did that to you… for no reason…” I said, tears forming in my eyes. I couldn’t believe I rejected him, ignored him, and treated him like shit… for something he didn’t even do… my best friend… I did that to him, to my best friend…

“Shh… it’s okay, Kyleigh, I understand why you did it- you didn’t know… it’s okay… shh….” He held me. I had spoken aloud… shit. And tears were flowing freely down my face, all the pain and sadness coming out in streams. He held me, though. He held me close to his chest, and it felt so right, it just… it felt so… right, so amazing. He was as warm and hard as I remembered, and just as soothing. 

“It’s okay, baby… it’s okay… shhh… it’s alright, I forgive you, there’s no harm done. You didn’t know the truth, you believed what was logical…it’s alright, sweetie…” he soothed, calling me sweet names. I sniffled a little, and looked at him. I looked in his gorgeous blue-hazel eyes… I looked at his straight nose, his high cheekbones… his perfect lips… I touched his hair, and it was soft… he had let it grow out a little, and I could run my fingers through it. He closed his eyes, as if he liked it, and he relaxed. I had him back. I didn’t have to hurt anymore. 

I looked back at his lips. Maybe… maybe I could… and if he didn’t feel the same way, I could just say it was my form of an apology to him… and that I didn’t mean it that way, to save myself some embarrassment… but I could just try…

I touched my lips to his, and they were surprisingly soft. He jerked, and his eyes popped open, and I prepared for rejection… but I didn’t get it. He closed his eyes, groaned, and grabbed my face, crushing our lips together. He moved his lips, and licked mine. I moaned, and opened my mouth for him. His tongue darted in and out, teasing mine, and as I slipped mine into his mouth, he chuckled and closed his lips, locking me out. I groaned, and he picked me up and threw me on the bed, and got on top of me. He kissed me again, sliding his tongue in and out sensually, heating me up from the inside out. I guess he could tell, because he groaned again, and started unzipping the back of my dress. I arched into him, and he made an awesome sound.  He got the dress unzipped, and slid the straps off my shoulder, and then pulled it down off my body. He took his lips from mine, and got a good look at me.