Chapter Twelve

CORY'S POV

“I introduced Kyleigh and Marissa,” I told Conner and John. 

“Oh, shit. How did that go?” Conner asked.

“They seem to like each other.”

“At least they didn’t rip each other’s throats out,” John said. 

“Yeah, for real,” I agreed. I sat with them and talked for a while. When I wanted some alcohol, I went over to the alcohol area and started searching for something that stood out to me.

Someone grabbed my hand- Kyleigh. She pulled me to the living room.

“Wanna dance?” she asked me mischievously. I smiled really big and grabbed her hips roughly and started dancing with her, our bodies rubbing together. Her body was so warm… her skin was so smooth… her hips were so slender, so sexy… dancing with her was amazing, she was so graceful, so sensual. 

There was a loud crash near the front door, and she whipped around, her back pressed against my chest, and she was shaking slightly...her soft hair tickled my chin. What the hell was that crash? Out of nowhere, Adam and Lisa appeared. Or were they there already? I was so lost in my raging hard dick that I couldn’t remember. I heard some guy slurring at the crowd- great. A party crasher. Marissa came rushing up to us.

“Kyleigh! It’s Jamie… he’s really drunk and he’s crashing the party!” she said. Shit- this would not end well.

“Already talking and dancing with other guys,” Jamie appeared, speaking to Kyleigh. “What, is he your new boy toy?” he continued as the crowd cleared around us. 

“Go home, Jamie,” Kyleigh told him. I felt her tremble slightly against me. 

“Right after we broke up… man, you’re such an easy whore! Not for me, though. You know, I don’t even regret cheating on you. At least I got some from the other girl. You’re nothing but a… b-but a shlutty ass bitch!” he slurred. I looked down. Kyleigh’s face was covered in tears… angry and sad. I looked at Conner, and we moved in front of her, and I held her behind me protectively with an arm. 

“I wouldn’t keep going if I were you,” Conner threatened. It was rare Conner stood up for anybody, so even as his brother, I was surprised. John stepped up next to us. 

“I suggest you back the fuck off,” he told Jamie. 

“Why? It’s not my fault she’s a fucking whore! I mean look at her- she’s basically naked at a fuckin party!” 

“You are worthless, Jamie,” John spoke up. “You don’t deserve a girl like Kyleigh OR Marissa. They’re way too good for you you’re nothing but a huge douchebag who doesn’t know his ass from his face.” 

“You’re also just jealous that I never wore anything this sexy for YOU,” Kyleigh said quietly from behind me. I couldn’t help but smile. Jamie’s face leveled with hers, and out of nowhere, he pushed through us to Kyleigh, knocking us on our asses.

“You wanna be naked and expose yourself to a bunch of people? Huh? You wanna be sexy for them? Well, sweetheart, I’ll help ya!” he ripped her shirt off and just started wailing on her, punching and kicking her anywhere he could- which was all over her fucking body. Ribs, face, legs, arms, back, stomach. Everywhere. A fire lit inside me immediately, and I grabbed Jamie and Conner and I started beating the living shit out of him. I beat his face in until it was nothing but a pulp, and I still wanted to keep going. Conner gripped my arm though.

“Cory, stop,” he whispered. “He’s out cold.” I took a deep breath, and slowly turned to face Kyleigh. I was terrified of what I was going to see. Did he beat her to death? Was she unconscious? Was her face as unrecognizable as Jamie’s?

Oh my god. I should have killed that motherfucker. Kyleigh was sobbing, terrified as hell, shaking from fear, curled in on herself. Blood was leaking out of her nose, mouth, and several wounds that Jamie left by hitting a spot more than once. Bruises… dark purple bruises were already starting to form in some places… the corners of her lips were busted, bleeding, and swollen and bruised. Her arms and ribs were starting to bruise- some of her ribs HAD to be at least cracked, from how hard he hit her and how slender and skinny she was. God… bruises were everywhere…

“Party’s over! Everyone out now!” I yelled. Everyone cleared out quickly- they knew what was good for them. I picked Kyleigh up and gently carried her upstairs… she gasped and groaned and flinched every time I took a step. I softly laid her in my bed, then ran some warm water in the bathroom. I went back in my room, picked her up, and carried her in there. I laid her on a long, thick stack of towels and started gently cleaning her wounds with a warm rag. I couldn’t believe how badly she was hurt. Every light touch she winced at in pain. And every flinch and groan and wince that shuddered through her body was like a knife in my heart. 

When I finished, I carried her back to my bed and laid her down. 

“Conner, John, go on to bed. Adam, Lisa, you two can sleep on the couches, or wherever.” They left, and I changed into a pair of boxers and lay down with Kyleigh. Soon after I did, her breathing slowed and deepened, and she fell asleep. I got a good look at her bra-not intentionally, but I had to clean her, and I had seen it. It was so pretty… and right then, I hated being a man, because even how angry, and desperate, and sad I was for Kyleigh… my happy guy sprung up at the thought of that lace.

I groaned again, and self- hatred flooded my body. I gripped myself,and got myself off, and threw the shirt in the hamper, and finally fell asleep as the self-hatred flooded through me.