Chapter Twenty

CORY'S POV

Did I just hear her right? She got a job… at a tattoo parlor? She was a tattoo artist? That was… kind of sexy. I also just had a plan. I waited out the rest of the day, and it took way too goddamn long! I hated Thursdays. Almost Friday, so super slow. Finally, when the final bell rang, I sprinted to my Jeep, looked up the parlor on my GPS, and, like a fucking idiot, stalked the poor girl. When I found the parlor, I parked in the general store parking lot across the street. When she had left, I followed her to the gym, where she had met up with the blonde dude. She needed to stay away from him… he was Cassie’s cousin, and they were close enough to be brother and sister. He would do anything for her, and if she somehow found out that he knew Kyleigh… Kyleigh would be screwed. Matt Johnson… was bad news. Anyways, so I had come in, and I honestly didn’t think she would accept. I was prepared for a ‘Fuck Off’, or a ‘Stay away from me and never come near me again’. But no… she said YES! 

She came out of the locker room, and her hair was wet, and her eyes were shiny. Her dress was gorgeous on her… it was a simple sundress but it made her look like a supermodel. God she was so beautiful… and now I had a chance to get her back. I forgot completely how her long, slender body looked so graceful, even when she wasn’t moving… I forgot how her face looked so flawless, it was as if she wasn’t real. And I was going to get her back. She had to believe me… I would never betray her like she thinks I did. I would die before I did any such thing. 

She tied some note to the dude’s forehead. When her back was turned, I took it off, crumpled it up, and threw it away. He didn’t need to know shit. They needed to stay away from each other, because like I said, if Cassie found out, she could get Matt to do ANYTHING. 

And I would seriously kill her if anything happened to Kyleigh.