Chapter Twenty Eight

CORY'S POV

The ceiling was decorated in small, hanging silver stars. The floor was shiny and glittery… the walls draped in fine white cloth with stars and snow and decorations on them. 

Kyleigh was the only thing to look at though. 

She had dressed in a white, strapless gown with silver glitter embroidery. It was tight around her torso and tops of her legs, and around mid-thigh it flared out subtly. It was absolutely gorgeous on her... the silk ruffles showing off her body, the bright white satin contrasting beautifully with her tan skin. Her black hair was up in one of those French bun things, an chiffon or whatever… it was so gorgeous, with a few loose strands framing her gorgeous, angular face. Her gray-green eyes were vibrant, set in dark lashes and lined with black eyeliner. Her lips were a pale pink, from her lipstick. She had black and silver plug gauges in her ear, and a crystal necklace around her neck- that I had bought for her. She had a silver ring on her middle finger on one hand, and a sapphire ring on the first finger of the other. 

Absolutely to-die-for gorgeous. 

“They really went all out for the winter formal, huh?” she said. 

“You’re the one going all out,” I joked. “You even have a white barbell in your tongue.”

“Oh, you noticed that, did you?” she said, grinning.

“I definitely did. It’s hard not to notice anything about your mouth. It’s… wonderful…” I murmured. “You look amazingly gorgeous, baby.” She positively beamed at me. 

“Thank you! And you look handsome as well, baby,” she replied, gesturing to the suit I was wearing. A typical black and white suit, with a white and silver tie to match her dress. 

“Well, I have to look at least half as good as you do, you know.”

“That is so not possible,” she joked. It really wasn’t possible, though. There was nothing in this world that could come even close to half as beautiful as she was. 

She was mine. And I was hers. And we could be happy now, with Cassie being background material now, her popularity absolutely gone. 

Life was… great. And it seemed she thought so, too, because she randomly smiled. 

This was how I wanted to live my life, with her by my side, and my family- including John- by my other side. I was set for life… this was how I wanted to live. 

I was finally truly, truly happy.