A Sequel

"I now announce you, husband and wife

"I now announce you, husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride."

I smiled at this, especially when my brother took a step closer to my best friend then slowly pulled the veil up showing my best friend's beautiful and very much happy face. He cupped her cheeks before mumbling something that made her chuckle and blush before wrapping her arms on my brother's necks. My brother similarly wrapped his arms on my best friend's waist before leaning down as they then shared their first kiss as husband and wife. Passionately at that like there was no other people in the church. I sighed happily for the both of them and was also feeling pleased that both of them was finally married now.

"Selos ka no?"

Napatingin ako bigla sa pinanggalingan ng istorbong boses sa pagmoment ko sa kiss ng groom at bride. Napataas ako ng kilay sa kanya. "Bakit naman ako magseselos? Like duh? It's my brother and best friend who are finally married. I am happy as they are. While you mister on the other hand, ay ang totoong nagseselos." I added as a matter of fact.

Napakunot siya ng noo. "Bakit naman ako magseselos?" Defensive na tanong niya.

"Well...there are three reason for it. One is that may gusto ka sa bestfriend ko, second to that, she just married to my brother and third one ay hindi ikaw ang ginawang best man kundi ang kambal mo." I smiled sarcastically at him.

"Ouch." Napalagay siya ng kamay sa dibdib na parang nasaktan. "Your brother just got lucky to meet her first and obviously my twin is the better choice because they are best of friends." He smirked at me and all of the sudden my heart skip a beat. It made me feel that familiar feeling that I had long hidden. "You are also jealous..."

"I told you, I am not and why would I." I rolled my eyes at him as I cut him off.

But he still continued. "Because you feel like you can't have that kind of love in your life. You want that unconditional love that your brother and best friend have but you can't have it. That is why you are jealous." He told me as we both watch the newlywed happily smiling for the camera.

I sighed because technically he is right. But who wouldn't want that kind of love right? I think everyone of us want that kind of love. The unconditional-kilig-to-the-bones kind of love, a love that you read in the book or see in the movies. Even though everyone is saying that there is no forever and such thing like that but deep down we all are craving for that kind of love. The problem is everyone can't seem to wait for that right one and just cries themselves for mr. right now. Plus, a girl would stop expecting a happily ever after when most of the guys of this generation are like this guy.

"Well, kasalanan naman kasi ng mga lalaking katulad mo kaya nawawalan ako ng pag-asa Alex." I simply said with a tight smile.

"Katulad ko talaga? Ang sakit mo namang magsalita Sophie." Madramang sambit niya.

I shrugged. "Well the truth hurts Alex. I accepted that a long time ago, so I think you should too. Anyway, nice talking to you but I got to go tinatawag na kasi ang maid of honor."

I immediately made my way to the altar and force a happy smile on my face. Well, I was really happy not until that brute ruined it for me.

"Aly! Kuya! Congrats!" I greeted them happily with a kiss on the cheek.

"Thank you Sophie." Masayang sagot ni Alyssa at niyakap agad ako. "Ano ang pinag uusapan niyong dalawa ni Alex sa gilid ha?" Pabulong na tanong niya.

Kumalas ako ng yakap at napailing. "Wala, kilala mo naman si Alex."

Alyssa arched her brow at me. "Talaga lang ha? Wasn't he luring you with his charm? You know how charming Alex can be."

I rolled my eyes at her. "Hindi gagana sa akin ang pambobola niya, you know that."

"Anong pambobola ang pinag-uusapan niyong dalawa ha? Binobola ka ba ni Alex?" Biglang singgit ni Kuya Patrick.

Agad akong napailing, I don't want to trigger his over-protectiveness. "Binibiro ko lang ang asawa mo kung paano mo siya binola Kuya."

"Oy, hindi ko binola itong si Alyssa no." He said defensively and hold Alyssa close to his side. "Anyway, kung binobola ka man ni Alex lumayo ka na, that player is not good for you. And remind him of the code if you must."

I smiled. "I will Kuya."

***********************************************************************************************

"May I have this dance?"

I look up and see Alex offering his hand for me. I just rolled my eyes at him and continue watching people dancing as I sipped some champagne.

"Ang suplada talaga." Wika niya tapos umupo sa upoan sa aking tabi. "Sige na Sophie, it is just a dance for old time sake."

"There is no "for old time sake" Alex at pwede ba layuan mo nga ako." Singhal ko sa kanya. "Kanina ka pa ha, I want to enjoy the wedding but you keep ruining it for me."

"I'm sorry." Buntong hinihinga niya. "You know what, let's compromise, let me have this dance and I will leave you alone after it."

I glare at him. "Promise?"

Tinaas niya ang kanyang kanang kamay. "Promise. Now c'mon." He then grab my hand and drag me to the dance floor like it was his first time dancing. As soon as we were on the dancefloor, he puts his hands on my hips and was about to pull me close to him but I stop him by putting my hand on his chest. I glared at him and he just gave me an innocent smile which I just shook my head on disbelief.

The song got to believe in magic was being played by the band. I focus on that rather than this idiot that I am dancing with. I got carried away with the song and started mumbling the lyrics as Alex sway me on the dancefloor. It was kind of nice to tell you the truth but that niceness instantly disappeared when suddenly Alex opens his mouth.

"Do you believe in magic?"

"No but do I believe that you are an idiot then yes." I sarcastically answered him.

Tumawa lang siya sa sinabi ko. "Nice one Sophie pero alam mo, I believe in magic." He said those words as he looks at me straight in the eyes. We hold our gaze for a few seconds but then looked away as my heart suddenly beating fast than usual.

"Tumahimik ka na nga lang Alex." Tinignan ko siya ng masama at agad naman niyang tinikom ang kanyang bibig.

He twirled me then which surprise me especially as he pulled me closer after the twirl. Tinignan ko siya ng masama at ginawang kamawala sa kanya pero mas lalo niya akong hinapit palapit. "Alex!" I hissed.

"What?" Inosenteng ngumiti ito.

"Let go of me!" I scowled him.

"But we are dancing Sophie, so I won't." He smirked then twirled me again. "Plus, isn't this fun?"

"Fun-ning mo ang mukha mo, ano ba Alex!" Inis ko na sabi ko sa kanya.

Natawa lang siya at yumuko at bumulong. "Do you know that you look even more beautiful when you are angry?"

"Your flirting is not gonna work for me Alex." Napailing ako. "So please stop or else eh susumbong kita kay Kuya."

"Kuya...esh!" He rolled his eyes. "Hindi ko inakala na isa ka palang sumbongera Sophie."

I glared at him. "I am not! I just know your code Alex and I know you are breaking one right now."

He twirled me around again and laughed. "The code, walangyang code na yan. Bawal ang kapatid ng isang kaibigan. " He groaned then pulled me close with his hand on my back and whispered. "But with you Sophie, I am willing to break that code."