You Have Issues.

CHAPTER 23:

LIAM'S POV

The incessant ringing of my cell phone woke me up the next morning and I groaned, snatching it off the night stand and pressing the device to my ear.

"LIAM!" Bryson barked from the other side, and I flinched.

"What's wrong, sir? What's the emergency?" I questioned, my mind alert in seconds.

"What's wrong?" Bryson repeated, laughing humorlessly. "Agent Payne, do you have any clue as to where your partner might be?"

I frowned. "Of course sir. He's asleep in his room. He's staying here now."

"Check again. 'Cos that idiot has gone off after Louis, and you let him! After I specifically told you to keep an eye on him!"

"S-sorry sir!" I stammered. "What do we do now?" God, Zayn is such an idiot!

"Thank the Gods above that Agent Z at least had a bit of sanity left and took the tracker with him. It was the tracker he must have used to find out Louis, now we can use it to find them."

"That's great," I breathed out.

"It's not that great, actually. I'm having a meeting with the FBI department right now, and we're preparing teams to raid Tanner's hideout. This had become a rescue mission now," Tanner sighed.

"Of course sir. I'm sure we can save them in time. Should I inform Louis' friends?" I asked.

"Sure, sure," Bryson spoke dismissively. "Report to the HQ in an hour, we're setting out. God help us, that idiot Parker is getting fired," he muttered at the end, disconnecting the call.

I sighed, jumping out of bed and getting ready in record time. I zoomed past the kitchen, greeting my friends and getting out of the apartment, driving to Niall and Marcel's apartment to give them the updates.

~*~

"Liam? Hi?" Marcel opened the door, frowning in confusion. I noticed how the poor lad had a now yellowish bruise on his cheekbone, and his collarbane was bandaged.

"Uh, hi Marcel. How are feeling?" I asked politely, as he allowed me inside.

"Better, thanks," he smiled shyly.

"Is Niall awake? I wanted to talk to him. Actually to you both."

"Is it about Louis?" Marcel asked, his eyes showing worry for his best friend.

"Yeah, and we're in a bit of problem, as-"

"Who is it, Marcy?" A voice questioned, followed by a yawn. And then Harry came out of the corridor, in only a pair of joggers, his tattoos on full display.

I felt my cheeks involuntarily heat up, as I looked away. Yeah, I admit. He was hot.

"Oh, hi! Liam, isn't it?" Harry asked innocently. Then he turned to Marcel. "See, little bro? I can remember names. Well, at least the names that are important to me," he said, followed by a wink in my direction. Wow, he's too cocky for his own good.

I mentally rolled my eyes. Models.

"I'll go get Niall," Marcel smirked mischievously, and scurried away.

"So," Harry started, scooting closer to me.

"Um..." I scratched my head awkwardly, still not looking at the shirtless, smirking model in front of me. So the bastard stepped in my line of vision, and then leaned close to me.

"Am I making you nervous?" he smirked. I rolled my eyes.

"Look, I have no time for this. And can you please put a shirt on?" I spoke monotonously.