Don't Do Something Stupid!

CHAPTER 24:

LIAM'S POV:

After updating Louis' friends on the news of their friend's whereabouts, I set off to the Agency HQ. And as soon as I pulled over at the back door of the building, I saw the hordes of FBI agents, and sighed in relief. Good. We need as much as we can get.

I quickly parked my bike and went inside, heading straight to the conference room, where the meeting concerning this mission was going on. I waited for Bryson outside, and as soon as he saw me, he led me towards his office.

"What's the plan sir?" I asked nervously.

Bryson ran a hand through his hair, sighing. "Not much of a plan actually. We're just going to believe in our luck and force attack Tanner's building, and hope to God we can find Louis and Zayn in time. And you will go with the agents of course, lead them. Am I clear, Agent Payne?"

"Yes sir," I nodded firmly and dashed out of the office. After the agents were all geared up, we set off to the building, to the location we had acquired from Zayn's tracker.

Let's hope to God we're right about this.

~*~

We drove for two hours straight, till there was no sign of city life around us. I was seriously doubting that we were going to the right place, and that Tanner had found the tracking device and was leading us the wrong way.

But a while later, all the buildings disappeared, and we came to a clearing, where only a lone building stood.

"That must be it!" One of the agents called.

As soon as we reached the building, we all jumped out, armed and ready, to break into the building. But of course, Tanner's goons came out of literally nowhere, and started firing at us.

They were armed, yeah, but of course, we were way faster. And had greater numbers, so we had the upper hand.

After drop kicking one of Tanner's henchmen, I signalled some of the agents, and we sneaked past the goons who were distracted, and into the building.

We all went separate ways, and I brought one agent- Agent K- with me. We scoped the whole building from head to toe, but there was no sign of life anywhere. I was about to give up hope when I heard one of the agents call out, "In here! We need help!"

Agent K and I shared a look, then we bolted towards the room. I gasped when we reached there. There were two goons in the room (which looked like a computer room), and the other three agents were effectively fighting them off.

"Agent Payne, you go help the boy," Agent K told me, nodding towards an unconscious Louis. I ran over and shook him, but he was out cold. I sighed and lifted Louis up bridal style, and nodded to the other agents who were now finished, standing over the unconscious goons.

"Boys, we need to find Zayn. Here, take Louis outside-"

Agent K cut me off. "No. You take Louis safely outside, and we'll find Agent Z. Go, Liam!" he urged me, when we heard someone coming in.

I wanted to save my best friend, but I had to get Louis out safely as well, 'cos I didn't trust anyone else with Louis.

I sighed and nodded, hurriedly carrying Louis down the stairs and out the building.

The building shook for a second, and I staggered a bit. What the Hell was that? And eathquake shock?

"Wha...?" Louis stirred, blinking. He then winced.

"Ugh. Those idiots knocked me out again for talking back," Louis slurred. Then he seemed to realize where he was.

"What? Liam? What? Where...?"

"It's alright, Louis. I'm getting you out," I told him softly.

"Uh... okay. And Zayn? Where is he? Is he out?" Louis asked urgently, looking up at me. I didn't reply, just kept walking.

"Liam, answer me!" Louis demanded, wriggling in my grasp.

"Louis, we still haven't found him yet, but we have to get you out-"

"NO! Find Zayn first! I want to know if he's okay! He needs to be okay!" Louis cried, weakly struggling under my hold.

Thankfully, we had reached the exit now, and I ran out, sighing in relief. Louis wasn't hurt that much, just a few bruises, but he was sobbing. He was so damn worried about Zayn. Just like Zayn was when Louis had gotten kidnapped.

I bit my lip, thinking. Louis and Zayn do really care about each other. Heck, they freaking love each other. The way they just lose their minds when they don't know the other is in danger, it shows that.

I kept comforting Louis, who kept asking if Zayn was saved, if he was okay. He was struggling against my hold, wanting to go after Zayn himself.

God, I hope they find Zayn soon.

LOUIS' POV:

I can't believe I was saved, and they still hadn't found Zayn yet!

I had told Zayn that I won't leave him behind, even if he had asked me to. I struggled against Liam's grip, but he won't let me go save Zayn!

"Liam, let me GO!" I cried.

"No, Louis! They're going to find Zayn, alright? Don't do something stupid!" Liam barked, holding me back.

"Don't you care about your best friend? Are you that cold?" I sobbed.

"Of course I fucking care! But I'm an assassin, Louis. we know how to handle our emotions, we're trained to," Liam answered, sighing at the end.

I know I can't save Zayn, but no, I won't leave him behind. I would do anything to save him, 'cos I freaking love him!

Yes, I love him. There is no other explanation for the way I feel right now, how my heart is in my throat, not knowing if Zayn is going to be okay.

I was numb right now, everything else around me blurry. I distinctly heard some people shouting, and running, and that's when it happened.

The whole building exploded, the reaction shaking everything else in a hundred meter radius.

I blinked my eyes open, blankly staring at the burning building in shock.

I don't know what to feel right now.

The whole building is burning, killing everyone inside it.

And there still isn't no sign of Zayn.

"Louis, Louis!" I felt someone- I think Liam?- shaking me. "Louis?" Liam's voice wavered. "Shit, he's in shock."

The last thing I remembered were a few agents trying to get inside the burning and collapsing building, and then I blacked out.

~*~

Dang, another cliffhanger. Sorry! I'm evil. :P

**Next update after 80 votes, 20 comments and 300 reads.**

Preview of the next chapter: Tanner. Nuff said. >.<

~bemycupcake xx