Dragio [Naruto Fanfic] Chapter 9

~Chapter 9~

“Kurenai….what’s up?” I questioned as she led me to the Hokage’s office.

“The Hokage requested I brought you here.” She said, smiling reassuringly at me. I nodded as she knocked and the Hokage called for us to come in. I nodded at the old man as Kurenai bowed.

“Thank you, Kurenai. You may go.” My sensei nodded and disappeared with a poof! I rolled my eyes and looked at the Hokage questionably.

“After you told me your name I kinda….looked into it. And I found some past information on it.” He motioned to about ten huge scrolls behind him and against the wall.

“Go ahead and read.” I nodded and got the first one, sitting on the ground cross-legged as the Hokage did paperwork.

It was around noon when I headed out of the Hokage’s office, having going straight there after I left the Inuzuka house, I had been there for hours. After I found out about my apparent Clan (who knew I would actually have one?) I studied up on secret jutsu that only my Clan knew and then some more fire jutsu since that was my best element.

“D-Dragio-chan!” I paused, looking back to see Hinata. I smiled, waiting as she joined me.

“What’s up?”

“N-nothing. Day off, r-right? S-so, w-what’ve you’ve been d-doing?” She asked. Good thing I had patience for her, knowing she had no self confidence and wasn’t that….social. Well, more social than Gaara but….yeah.

“The Hokage let me read up about my family. They were slaughtered in The Shinobi World Wars but apparently my mom survived and gave birth to me and then both she and my father were slaughtered because they found out who she was.

“R-really? W-which c-clan is it?” She asked. Her eyes had widened. Yeah, this was my first time sharing anything about family. I hadn’t before because, well, I hadn’t known.

“….I’ll tell you….,” I looked at her with a closed-eye smile, “During my Chunin Exam match.”

She stared at me wide-eyed then smiled shyly, taking my hand as I put it out. “Promise?”

“Yeah.” I laughed, putting my hands behind my head and watched as Cheisu trotted between us.

That night was different though. Not as cheerful. It was a full moon and, I remembered what happened this night. That’s why I was sitting on a roof as Gaara sat on a huge koi fish statue on the top of a roof as well.

I watched as Dosu approached him, but Gaara’s attention had went to me. I had jumped onto the highest fin of the koi fish, standing on all fours. I leaned over, watching the scene before me with a sigh. Dosu had yet to notice my presence. Since I only allowed myself to put out a minimal amount of chakra. Gaara had detected it immediately….Dosu on the other hand….yeah….

During my internal mumbling, Gaara had gotten….hungry.

“When the full moon….its blood stirs up….” The sound of rumbling filled the air and I looked down, smirking at Gaara while Dosu was terrified.

“Wh….what the….? What on earth are you….?!” Dosu shouted and I knew this was my cue. I didn’t want to fight no one at the Chunin Exams, now do I? I felt flame encircle my hands and feet and sprung off the fish, grabbing Dosu just before the claw tore him apart. The Sound ninja didn’t even know what happened before I had had teleported to a different spot in the village. Thank you Fourth Hokage and Wikipedia. I picked up the kunai I had placed with the seal on it and looked down at Dosu as he sat with his back against a wall.

“You’re an idiot, you know?” I sighed. He looked up at me, shocked and looked around quickly.

“W-where’d….it….go?!”

“Don’t worry. He’s on the other side of the village. Now, Dosu, I wouldn’t mess with Gaara again if I were you. Hide you chakra, don’t come out a lot….stay hidden until the Chunin Exams. And just because I saved your ass now….don’t think I won’t kill you later. I only saved you because, if Gaara had killed you, I wouldn’t have anyone to battle. Now, where are you staying?” I asked him, staring at the porcupine-backed man.

“Um….,” He looked around for anything familiar and recognition went into his eyes, “That way.”

He pointed to the left and I nodded.

“Go. I’ll watch you until you go into the house. Gaara shouldn’t be that much of a problem though.” I muttered and with that, he got up and I led him back to the place the Sound shinobi were staying. I still hated them, but, I would take that out in the match. Not any time sooner. Unless it was Kabuto, anyway.

After I was done with that I teleported again and ended up on the koi fish tail where I had planted a kunai. I pulled it out, sniffed the air and then headed the direction Gaara was. When I saw him he looked more calm but you could smell the bloodlust.

Why’d you get in the way?” He growled. His voice was rough and I rolled my eyes.

“Because then you’d kill my opponent. And I rather not fight an extra round, thank you very much.”

I should just kill you.” He growled then something was brought up in his mind and he looked at me confused.

“Wait….why aren’t you….afraid?” He asked in his normal, monotone voice.

“Because, I’m scarier and have faced scarier than you.” I smiled sweetly and he blinked before glaring.

“What do you know about scary anyways? You look happy, mischievous, stupid and naïve.” He growled out.

I looked down for a moment with a sad sigh then turned to the red head with another sigh. Damn I sigh a lot.

“My parents died when I was nine months old. And I remember watching their murder. I remember every single moment of my life. Even the day I was born.” I explained. He should be happy, he was the only one who knew of this.

“….” Gaara was staring at me and I saw the same look in his eyes that I’d seen before in mine. I hated that emotion.

Ah….loneliness such a bitter thing. Yet, it makes us stronger.

It unites us. It gives us bonds with others who have suffered it’s wrath and wrap our fates together, making us want to fight for the others that know our pain.

“Pah. Fighting for others? I exist for myself and only myself. I love myself and only myself. I’m a demon who knows no others love and attention.” Gaara growled and I sighed, looking down at him with annoyance, an anime vein on my forehead. I can’t believe I said that out loud.

“You know, you’re really stupid. Even Naruto, who everyone thinks is a bonehead, gets this. He lives by this actually. Shoot, if it wasn’t for him, I wouldn’t know anything.” I shrugged and smiled, causing him to blink.

“By the way….smile more. You’ll probably be hotter.” And the next moment I was gone, teleporting to my room.

Hehehehe….I love screwing with minds. It makes me feel sane.

~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~

Authors Note

Don’t judge me! The last chapter was super-duper long so deal with this short ass chapter! The Chunin Exams are next and I plan on putting all that into one chapter so….yeah. That’ll probably be long. Anyway, peace!
~Mew

P.S. I'm about to upload Chapter 10 now too x3