18

**Spencer's POV**

The alcohol stung on my back as I had been doctored briefly before bandaged and now placed in the back of a trailer with about six other men. We were all chained to the floor and had barely enough elbow room to move our arms. No one had said anything once getting into the trailer, and my fears were starting to resurface.

I knew nothing about the man I had been sold to. It wasn't surprising, we knew more about the victims than the perpetrators. I knew my men had been out there somewhere because I had heard a familiar voice. Lydia was going to receive the news of me not being saved and God knows how she would react. It was already hard enough imagining how she was taking it let alone me experiencing it.

The possibilities of what was about to happen to me began rushing through my mind again. It was getting harder and harder to push them aside when I no longer had the strength or reassurance that I would be saved in time. If only they would just tell us what they were going to do... it would make this whole process a million times easier to digest I think.

"Are we going to be punished more severely since you're here?" a voice spoke to the right of me.

"I would hope not," I spoke calmly, "do you have any idea where we're going?"

"South America," a different voice was heard in the darkness. "We're being taken there. Don't know which part, but it'll probably be for laboring in the fields or worse."

"Worse?" I turned my head in the direction of where the other man had been talking.

"Yeah it all depends upon the master. The six of us won't stay together once taken there. Some will be used for labor, others for exploitation or organ harvesting. It depends upon what's needed and who they want to use. Don't you know this?"

"Nah man, he's a greenie. Just got picked up this time around for a lot of money. He's the one who busts these things all the time for women."

"It's not just for women, my company does a lot to help break you guys free from your situation," I explained quietly.

"Well thank God there's people like you here for that... I'm just sorry to hear that this time didn't work, unless it's all apart of your ploy to be a slave for now?"

I blinked back tears and the lump forming in my throat. If only that were the case this time around.

"Unfortunately it's not," I sighed as it got quiet again. I had given these men a sliver of hope and taken it away within seconds.

"They could always come for me,"

"Good luck, that's what we've been wishing for for years man."

The conversation died down as the vehicle continued to drive us to our next destination. There was no telling what was in store for us when we arrived. I only prayed I was strong enough to endure the pain.

"Please Lydia, come find me," I whispered to myself and shut my eyes to block out everything. Never in my life would I think it would take this long to get myself out of this situation, but then again that's how all of these men felt every time they were taken and moved somewhere else. If they could handle being here for as long as they have, I could too.

The only question I had next was whether we were going to drive all the way to South America or if they would risk flying us. It wouldn't be too hard to fly us as long as we didn't carry anything on our bodies for someone to find. No one would give us a second look if we played the part of being normal people like how it was expected. But something inside me seemed to think we would be making the long and enduring drive down south.