16

**Spencer's POV**

The arena was dimly lit as I stood behind the stage with a few other slaves. There had to at least be one hundred, but that wasn't very many compared to the female ones I had attended. None of the men would catch my eye as I tried to look at my surroundings. This was a nightmare.

The guy who was technically claiming me at the moment had gone to the stage to assign me a number. Obviously so it was easier to remember who was who. I was just afraid that whatever happened to me after that would mean the end of me ever seeing anyone again.

'You can't think that yet Spencer,' I reminded myself and straightened up when he returned with a big fat seventy-eight on a paper.

"Here," he pinned it to my pants, being that that was the only item of clothing on me.

You couldn't even consider them pants really, they were shorts more so but not the right material to be. It scratched every time I moved, probably to prevent any of the males from getting an erection was my guess. But who in their right mind would have one when we were considered the bottom of the bottom in this situation?

"If you don't get me a lot of money son," the man whispered, "you'll be in a shitload of trouble."

I knew it was supposed to be a threat but I didn't feel that worried. At least not yet. Most likely people knew who I was or who I worked for... There was going to be a fight over who would gain control over me.

Trying to not think too much about my speculative future, I closed my eyes for a moment to think about Lydia. I knew they at least would know by now.

"Let's go," a man called and pulled out the first ten to go towards the stage.

My heart began to hammer in my chest as the rest of us waited quietly behind the curtain. A speaker began going off with prices as the names and prices were thrown around on stage.

"Hey," a voice said behind me.

I turned slowly and saw an older looking guy not meeting my eye but still inclining that he was talking to me.

"Hey."

"What's your name boy?"

"Spencer, you?"

"Mathias," he looked at me for a moment, "you look fresh. Have you been in this before?"

"On the other side of the spectrum," I sighed, "I'm usually the one rescuing."

He nodded and scratched his black hair, "well a word to the wise. Don't let them break you. Let them think it, but don't let them know that you haven't. Because once you are," he gestured towards the other men who were visibly shaking, "you'll never be the same."

I nodded, "thank you Mathias. I promise to do my best to get us out of this situation once my crew gets me."

He chuckled softly, "boy if they can find you. But best of luck to ya."

"Thirteen! Get on stage," they yelled at my newfound friend as he gave a slight wave and made his way towards the spotlight.

I watched the others come back from being sold and watched some break down while others just clenched their fists. I know everyone would take this differently, but it still made my stomach twist. How could people be so cruel? What made them better than the rest of us to sell people for their own personal gain?

"No," a whisper sounded beside me as one of the younger boys just sat down on the floor and shook his head. "No, I can't."

I took a step forward and stopped when one of the men pulled his head back by his hair, "shut it. You know the rules."

"Please, I just want to go home," he whimpered.

"You will be going home," he smiled wickedly, "to your new master. I'm sure if you're nice enough he'll let you call him daddy."

The others snickered around him as I held my ground. This was fucking insane.

"Stop," I stood up as they looked over at me and glared.

"You say something seventy-eight?"

"Yeah, I said stop. Can't you see he's had enough?" I pointed at the boy who was probably not even eighteen yet."

"You weren't given permission to speak, don't you know the rules by now?" A man said coming over with a whip and eyeing my paper. "Spencer,"

"Shut up! Ross, this is the bastard who breaks all of our gatherings to save these pieces of shit," another man chuckled as he walked behind me.

I held my ground while his hand gripped my shoulder firmly, "shall we teach you a lesson boy? We all know you'll be worth a lot of money, but no one ever said you had to be flawless out there."

"He should already know the damn rules for the amount of time he's rescued those bitches," the first guy said and spat in my face.

"You have no right-"

I hunched over when the whip came across my back. Shit, I was not expecting that.

"Give him another, they won't be able to hear him scream over the crowd out there."

Another crack came crashing down onto my back as I tried to keep from falling to my knees in pain. I had to be stronger than this.

"On your knees boy, you're weak," the man pushed me down as my knees hit the gravel hard.

"Again,"

I gritted my teeth as it cut into my skin this time and the smell of copper filled the room.

"Aaron! Stop that," a man called from behind the curtain as I was pulled to my feet. "He has to be up now."

"That'll show him," someone muttered as I was placed in line behind the others.

The lights blinded me for a moment when I entered and got myself into a wider stance to not lose balance. The blood was dripping from my back and I knew it would be noticeable.

"Alright, we'll start with number seventy first. Samuel Perkins, one thousand dollars," the caller read out as hands began to raise quickly.

I lost track of the noise as my eyes searched frantically for someone I would recognize. For whatever reason it was too hard for me to focus on anything for more than a few seconds. Either from the blood loss or perhaps I had been drugged without my knowledge.

"Please Lydia," I breathed softly as my number was called next.

"Up next, seventy-eight. Spencer, the man who has been notorious on busting all of these shindigs." The caller waited for a moment, "I sure hope this isn't a setup."

No one said anything as the atmosphere became tense and I could hear the blood pounding in my ears. I prayed that this was and that I would be saved in time. But who was I to know if the person I was sold to was from my company or not?

"Okay, starting bid, fifty grand!"

**Eek! Cliff hanger! Sorry I had too, but I am typing this next part as fast as I can. I really hope you realize how serious this business is that goes on. I don't know anyone personally involved but it sickens me to know this does happen. And for men to go through it as well... That's terrifying. So I'll get off my soapbox now but there is a reason behind why I've written the Karma series, for the sole fact that people are oblivious to the sex slave industry. It needs to be brought to attention as do many other inhumane things in this world.**