Surprises

"You see that Nico?" Will whispered besides him. Nico swatted him away.

"Of course I do you dork. It would be sort of stupid if I didn't." Nico told him. They kneeled behind a parked car. Leo's hands were already catching fire.

Nico looked at his hands. "Stop that. You'll draw attention to us." With a groan Leo clenched his hands and the fire disappeared.

Two of Lamia's children were across the street. They looked like teenagers already but from the waist down they had a snake tail. Just like their mother had. It grossed Will out.

Nico took out his dagger and nudged for Will to do the same. Will, who was wearing actual shoes for once, nodded and also took his dagger out before pulling the hoodie of his sweater over his head, covering his face. Nico rolled his eyes at him.

"Remember, stab them in the heart." Nico reminded them.

"Yeah, okay. Can we get done with this already? They may or may not be heading for that group of girls over by that shop." Leo said exasperated. Nico looked back at Lamia's children and sure enough, they were heading for the girls.

Will and Leo were already getting ready to run after them. But before they could run Nico grabbed Will by the front of his sweater and pulled him into a kiss that made it awkward for Leo.

Nico pushed Will away breathing heavily.
"That was for good luck." he told him before taking off in the direction of the creatures. Will stood dumb folded for about two seconds before Leo slapped his arm and they both followed after Nico.

"Woah, going somewhere?" Nico asked once they were in back of the creatures. They had their backs turned to them but turned around with scolded faces.

"I smell mother's blood on you." one of them hissed at Nico.

"Oh yeah. We slaughtered that witch." Leo told him.

They smelled like blood. Nico knew what they had been doing before coming down the street. The one that had spoken snarled at Nico.

"Well, I think it's time for us to slaughter you now, if you know what i mean." Leo said impatiently as he raised his hands that flared with fire.

Will was the first one to attack. He lunged at the creature on the right. They both hit the sidewalk hard. The creature got up quicker than Will and was about to bring its tail down on him when Nico sliced it with his knife. The end of the tail rolled down the street.

"In the heart Will!" Nico yelled at him. Will dug his dagger into the creature's heart or where he believed it was. The creature stood still for several seconds before turning to dust at Nico's feet.

"Gross." Will muttered as he got up after Nico offered him a hand.

Nico saw Leo, who had no armor other than his fire, across the street with the creature still alive. He rushed towards them with Will at his side.

"Leo!" Nico called to him. Leo glanced at Nico slightly as he threw his dagger at him. He caught it and quickly dug it into the creature's heart. Just like its brother, it dissolved to dust. Leo turned to Will and Nico with a smile.

"That was fun." He said grinning. Nico glanced at Will sideways and together they rolled their eyes.

"Let's get moving." Nico spoke.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Percy followed Annabeth into the narrow alley. Malcolm, who could walk alright now, followed after him.