Chapter Twenty Five

Bellamy's POV

It was midday and the group was an hour away from Polis. Bellamy was walking beside Clarke as she started to slow down from her usual pace. Bellamy looked towards her, noticing something odd about her. He watched as her expression drifted from content to sickened.

"Princess?!" cautioned Bellamy as he scrambled towards her, his calloused hands steadied her in place as her knees trembled. 

Clarke felt the rancid taste of vomit spewed out of her mouth, nausea overcoming her. She bent over and pushed Bellamy away as she fell forward towards the ground, letting her morning sickness take its course.

Octavia, Lincoln, and Finn stood from a far as they watched her struggle throughout her pregnancy, with a concerned Bellamy by her side.

Octavia spoke up, "Lincoln, do we have any more of that herbal medicine for Clarke?"

Lincoln turned towards Octavia as he mumbled, "I'll make some now." He glanced at Finn, who couldn't peel his eyes away from an ill Clarke as he spoke, "keep guard. The last thing we want is Mountain Men to come around." 

Finn nodded his head, grasping the gun in his hands as he stood guard. 

Lincoln left the group with Octavia giving them one last glance before straying away from the group.

Clarke subconsciously rubbed her baby bump, eyes sewn shut with her hair covering her face.

Bellamy bent down beside her and used his fingers to gently push her blonde hair behind her ear. "Hey, you're going to be okay."

Clarke didn't respond as her eyes were still clasped shut, the color drained from her face.

"Princess? Listen to me, everything's going to be alright."

It all happened in quick flashes, Bellamy's brain couldn't contemplate what happened in that exact moment. Clarke's frail figure tumbled towards him, Bellamy quickly catching her in his arms. 

Bellamy's heart raced, his hands trembled, his mind was disoriented. All he saw was his Princess collapse before him, and he was helpless.

"Clarke? Clarke?! Clarke!" he shook her gently as each cry for her name grew more and more desperate. 

His head was spinning, he looked from left to right as his eyes darted towards a paralyzed Finn, standing before him in shock.

"Finn, where the hell did Lincoln and Octavia go?!" he screeched in panic as Finn shook out of his trance. 

"They went to get herbal medicine for Clarke, I-I I'll go get them," Finn stuttered as he jogged past Bellamy  to search for the missing couple.

Bellamy cradled Clarke in his arms, sitting next to a puddle of her own vomit. He picked her up and moved away from the sight as he leaned against a tree, with her in his arms.

He could feel tears prick in his eyes as he whispered to her. "Clarke- Princess. Please, please wake up. Please."

Bellamy sat with her like this for a few minutes before Lincoln, Octavia and Finn came jogging back in worry.

Lincoln kneeled down to meet Bellamy. "How long ago did this-"

"A few minutes," Bellamy blurted as he didn't peel his eyes off of her.

"She's going to be okay, do you hear me Bellamy?" reassured Lincoln as he reached over to Clarke to feel her temperature.

Bellamy nodded solemnly as he croaked, "why did she faint?"