Chapter 7 - "Verdict." [Part 1.]

As Carlos drove back to the house with the boys, Asha drove back to the home with them. For the rest of the day, the boys sold drugs and told everyone in Schaefer the stories that didn't make it to the media. For the whole time, Asha sat in a daze. She couldn't help but to think about how she was shut down for the way that she made money. As the day shifted into the night and after smoking about 3 blunts, she sat on the couch with the boys and her fishnet stockings and shorts along with her short shirt on. The room was foggy and the air was smoky.

"Hey...." Asha said as the boys chopped up cocaine and marijuana for the multiple buyers that they had inside into the house.

"Yo." Q said as he scooped some cocaine into a baggie and handed it to his customer, watching him leave $200 on the table.

"Would y'all consider me 'dateable'?"

Stacey, Carlos, and Q looked at each other, then bursted into laughter. Asha wasn't joking when she asked the question though. She held her blunt sophistically in her hand, looking at them in a confused way.

"I'm not fucking around." Asha said in a snappy tone. "I'm being serious!"

"Asha, you need to tone the fuck down." Stacey scoffed as he counted the money on the counter. "You cool, nigga. Dassit."

That wasn't the answer that Asha expected, wanted, or needed. She got up from her seat and brushed all of the dust off of her shorts, making her way upstairs.

"I have to pee."

When Asha got to the middle of the stairs, she realized that she didn't brush all of the dust off of her shorts. As she smacked her shorts a little, she heard the boys continuing their conversation.

"Would y'all date Asha?" Carlos snickered as he looked up at Stacey and Q.

"She sexy as hell." One of the buyers said. "But......."

"She a prostitute." Stacey said as he shook his head. "A hunned niggas done been up in that."

"And I love Asha to death, but she could have some shit." Q said as he rolled himself a blunt. "It ain't no way that you could be fuckin' that many men and not have somethin'...."

"You'd be surprised." Carlos laughed. "Especially with some of these hoes that roam around Schaefer yearnin' for some dick...."

"I was really laughin' at when she was tryin' to get at Noah!" Q laughed. "You KNOW that he ain't gone go for no girl like her! Not saying that Asha is horrible or anything."

"Noah probably go for them girls who virgins and ain't kissed a boy in they life." Stacey giggled. "Or some doctor bitch!"

Asha couldn't believe that the boys really felt this way about her all because of the fact that she was a prostitute. It didn't matter how many men she had sex with. The boys still should've supported her. Asha glanced down at the stair below her, watching a tear fall out of her eye.

"Wha.........what the hell?" Asha thought in her head, sniffing and wiping her eyes. "You don't cry, Asha! That's a sign of weakness!"

And in a split second, Asha fixed her sad attitude. Why? Because she was used to hanging around and being around men, especially Carlos and the boys. And being around them, she was trained into thinking that being "tough" was the way to live. Especially in Schaefer.

Next day was day 5 of Isaiah's trial. Noah was still continuing his part of the testimony, so it was pretty exciting to see what he had up his sleeve. After we all seated and got ourselves situated, watching Noah and Isaiah enter the court from separate ways. Tyler's relatives from her mother and fathers side were already there along with Donna, Donna's sister, and a sleeping Kayson. He usually slept through court since this wasn't the time he would normally wake up. Once the door to the courtroom shut, Noah introduced himself and gave a regular opening statement like he did every time he addressed the court. He always went through all of the evidence over and over so that the jurors wouldn't have to go over it many times during the deliberation when deciding Isaiah's fate. After spending an hour doing so, Noah decided to shift the attention to Isaiah himself.