Chapter Two

Walking into the living room I see Abu (dad), Elias and Adam are watching the television. Sitting down next to Adam my younger brother I look to see what they're watching and it's none other than football. Wait, isn't that Grayson's team which are playing?

What was he doing in a café if he had a match today? Aren't footballers supposed to be practising for the whole day or something? The commentator starts talking very fast and loudly, someone's about to score.

The ball hits the back of the net as all the crowd stands up cheering. 'Noah Grayson scores an incredible goal to secure their fourth place on the table'. Noah...he high fives one of his teammates and they go off running towards the other players.

A small smile escapes as I try to hide it from my dad and brothers by looking at my lap making sure my hair covers my face, I carry on watching the match until it finishes

"Amber, come and help me" My mum shouts from the kitchen.

Great, I'm going to miss the interviews. Getting up I walk out of the living room and into the kitchen looking at the piles of dishes in the sink.

"I'll wash it" I tell her. She pats my head as I get on to washing the dishes.

**********

Letting out a deep yawn I pull the bed covers on top of me and take my phone which was beside me. I might as well watch the interview now- they probably interviewed Noah. Going onto the website I watch the highlights for his match and they then show the interview.

I was right, they were interviewing Noah.

"How are you feeling?" The interview asks him.

Noah breaks out into a big smile and scratches the back of his head making me smile as well. I like it when people smile, it makes me happy.

"I feel happy...not just me but the whole team as well. We all fought very hard in this match and all our effort worked out in the end" The smile still hasn't left his face as the interviewer asks him a few more questions.

"You seem to be in a very happy mood" The interviewer laughs out to Noah.

Noah laughs as well

Noah laughs as well.

"Like I said we have the best result right now. We may not be number one on the table but we're fighting and I did meet someone today who seemed to motivate me" I sit up on my bed as I watch the interview come to a quick end.

Was he talking about me? Maybe he wasn't, he's talking about someone else. It can't be me, he's probably already forgotten about me. He's so famous and popular he wouldn't really need my words of motivation for him.

Shaking the feeling of my mind I switch my phone off and get back in bed. Reading the night dua (prayer) I close my eyes and fall fast asleep.

************

"Ami (mum), what else do we have to shop for?" I ask her in tiredness.

We've been walking around for hours. Today is my brother's engagement party and mum said she needed to get a few things but a few things turned into lots.

"We're done, let's go home. We need to get ready for tonight as well" She tells me.

Leaving the shop we both walk throw the crowd together when a big poster ahead of me catches my attention. It's a football poster of some footballers and one of them was Noah. Why is it that I've seen his face around so much times but when I met him yesterday that I'm suddenly bothered with seeing him everywhere.

"He's a good looking boy" Mum says pointing to none other than Noah on the poster.

"Ami" I say in a warning.

Ami rolls her eyes at me as I try to ignore what my own mother just said to me. I can't believe she said that to me. I get into my car and start the engine getting out of the place as quick as possible.