Chapter Twenty

(1 year later)

Noah. Noah. Noah. That's the name that's been playing on my mind for the last twelve months. I just can't get him out of my head.

Each time I'd see him on TV I couldn't bear to look at him, I would just run to my room crying to myself because of how much I missed him.

Every day I pray to Allah to help me through this mess and to guide me towards the right path so I can keep some strength within me.

Ami has started talking to me about getting married now and how I've come to the age to settle down but I can't think about that.

I've told Ami that I'm not ready because secretly I'm waiting for Noah and I know that's wrong but there must be a reason why I can't let go.

Maybe this is a test from Allah and Allah always knows best. Plus, I might even see Noah this year. He has a match here in a couple of weeks.

So he might come and see me, I hope he does anyway.

"Amber what about this book?" Farrah shows me the cover for it.

It's a book by an author called Random_Clown.

"What's it about?" I ask her.

Farrah rolls her eyes and points to the cover of the book.

"Can't you see Amber; it's your type of book as well. It's called 'Loving You A Little More' it's a new book, you should totally read it" I take the book of her and look at the back to the read the blurb.

"Yeah, I'll borrow it" I take the book of her hands and take hold of it.

"Come on, then let's go" I turn around and accidentally bump into someone.

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry" Looking at the person I feel my heart stop beating.

Those crystal blue eyes...Noah! He looks the same, he hasn't changed at all. I feel the tears in my eyes starting to form.

"Noah" I manage to say in a whisper.

"That is my name" He replies back letting out a small laugh and my heart yearns for it

Is that how much I missed him, that my heart skipped a beat hearing his laugh?

"I'll borrow the book for you" Farrah takes the book out of my hands and walks off.

"How did you manage to get in?" I ask him looking around to see if anyone has recognised him.

"My disguise" He says pointing to a small bag he has on his shoulder.

I can't help but laugh and feel a tear roll down my cheek at the same time.

Noah brings his hand towards my cheek and this time I don't stop him as he softly wipes the tear away from my cheek with his thumb.

"I missed you"

"I missed you too" Noah replies back in a whisper.

"I overheard your friend talking about you getting married....is that why you never text or called me?" He asks with a small tint of hurt to his voice.

How long was he standing here for and why didn't Farrah say anything if she knew Noah was here? And no Noah I don't want to get married to anyone....it's you I want.

The urge I had to tell him this but I kept it within me.

"I'm not sure at the moment...I'm thinking about it"

"It was nice meeting you again. I guess I'll see you around if I can" He does a small salute and starts walking off.

"Noah" I call out to him making him turn around to look at me. "When will I see you again?"

"I don't know Amber, whenever you're ready to open up" After that he walks off making me break down just like I did every night.