Chapter Nineteen

"Stay in the car Farrah, I'll only be a few minutes" I don't wait for her response and just leave the car heading towards the café.

I see Noah from a distance with his silly disguise which is a hat and a pair of sunglasses. He looks up at him from the table he's sitting on and stands up with no smile on his face.

He always smiles at me...this must be serious.

"Hi" I say once I approach him.

"Let's go inside" Without another word he starts walking into the café so I follow him.

The smell of fresh coffee hits my senses as soon as I walk into the room. The room is empty and Noah is heading up the stairs of the café.

"Where are we going?" I ask his back.

"Upstairs into the private room" The private room?

Ignoring my burning questions I just follow him till we reach the room he was talking about. Noah shuts the door from behind me and takes off the sunglasses and cap.

He starts pacing around the room while running a hand through his hair.

"Noah, what is going on...what's so important?" He stops walking around and looks at me letting out a sigh.

"I...I don't know how to say it" He says closing his eyes for a few seconds.

"Just say it Noah, its ok" I assure him not knowing what he wants to tell me.

"I like you, I like you a lot Amber" He likes me?

Noah likes me? I feel my eyes widen at his statement and think back to my own feelings. I like him and he likes me.

I can't believe Noah likes me, me out of all people in the world? Noah starts approaching me but I just take some steps back.

He can't like me and I can't like him. This is wrong, this is all wrong.

"I'm not committed to do something like this"

"I know you aren't Amber but I'm willing to do anything for you. I'll even convert fo-"

"Stop right there Noah" I say holding my hand up.

He stops speaking and just looks at my face with a sad expression. Does he even hear himself right now?

"I'm going to let you do something without you putting any thought to it"

"I have sort it through Amber" No you haven't Noah. Oh Allah why am I going through this right now?

This is too much for me to handle, why did I have to like him and why did he have to like me back for?

"I...I can't do this" I feel my tears fall down my cheeks in confusion to realise that I'm crying.

"Amber...do you like me?"

"Yes. Yes I like you but I'm scared because I've never felt like this before"

I see Noah's arms lifting up to hug me but I just step back so he can't touch me.

"We should wait to see what happens" I tell him wiping the tears from my cheeks.

"I can't wait Amber; I've waited long enough for you" His voice raises a little making me look at him.

"If you like me then you would wait for me"

"How about a year then" He says quietly.

"What do you mean?"

"I'm not going to see you for a whole year...that's how long we'll have to wait"