Chapter Twenty-One

He hasn't got his blue eyes. He hasn't got his smile. He hasn't got his hair. He hasn't got his laugh. He's not him!

"Amber, what did you think?" Ami asks once the guy leaves the house with his parents.

I shake my head as a no.

"I didn't like him that much Ami" Ami lets out a sigh and nods her head.

"It's ok, there are a lot of other guys out there" I get up from the sofa and run up to my bedroom.

I want Noah, I don't want anyone else! I've made my decision and I'm not going to budge from it anymore.

I can't keep doing this to myself, I won't be able to live like that anymore- I think I love him.

Taking my phone I text Noah telling him to meet me by one of the local parks around the area. Noah immediately texts back asking for directions which I give to him.

He tells me he'll be there in twenty minutes. Jogging back down the stairs I see Ami sitting inside with Abu.

"Ami, I have to go and meet Farrah she said it's an emergency"

"Ya Allah, is everything ok?" She asks with a worried expression on her face.

My heart clenches in my chest from the lie I just told her. Allah please forgive me for lying to my own mother.

"Yes, something just happened. I'll be back in one hour" She nods her head so I take my car keys and leave the house getting into my car.

With my palms sweaty I wipe it on my jeans and put my car into gear before driving off.

********

"Amber" I hear from behind me.

Turning around I see Noah walking towards me. I look around to see if anyone is around to recognise him but no one is here.

"Come on" I start walking and make sure he is following me till we get to where there are trees covering us.

"Amber, what happened?" He asks.

"I can't keep holding it in anymore Noah. I want to be with you Noah, I've realised that over the year when I couldn't get you out of my head. But at the same time, I want you to know what you're getting yourself into" Noah has a small smile on his face as he looks into both of my eyes.

"I wasn't going to tell you this but I might as well now" He says letting out a small laugh. "Over the year, I actually did my research. I have a few Muslim friends so they helped me. I went to a mosque; spoke to a lot of people. I've even stopped drinking alcohol now and I don't have pork" Noah stops talking and does the unbelievable and takes his shirt off.

My eyes widen when I look at his chest....all of his tattoos are gone.

"Noah...."

"I got them removed" He says letting out a sigh.

He got them removed? That must have hurt a lot and it's really expensive. He actually did that?

"I want to show you how committed I am. You told me I had to fall in love with Islam and that's exactly what I did...I'm in love with it and honestly, learning about it has never brought me so much peace in my life"

Just looking at Noah has brought tears into my eyes. Not stopping myself I run into his arms and cry onto his bare shoulder.

Noah puts his arm around me and lets me cry.

"I want to revert" He says into my hair.

Letting go off him I look into his eyes and he nods his head.

"And I want to marry you Amber...will you marry me?" I nod my head as a yes and he pulls me back into his chest whilst I carry on crying.