Chapter Sixteen

(5 months later)

My first book, my first book which I have officially gotten published after all those long nights and days I took writing it.

All my hard work has paid off and I'm so happy. Thank you Allah for helping me succeed in my task. I just sent Noah a text telling him the good news.

Ami and Abu are laughing about something which Adam said to them as I feel my phone starting to vibrate against my lap.

Looking down at my lap I see that someone is calling is- it's Noah. Quickly getting up from my chair in the restaurant I'm about to go into the toilets when someone grabs hold of my arm.

Turning back around I see that it's Ami.

"Who is it?" She asks.

"It's a friend" She nods her head and gives me a small smile.

Picking the phone up I don't speak until I'm a good distance away from Ami and Abu.

"Hello?" Noah says into the phone.

"Hi" I reply back to him not helping but smile as I enter the restroom.

"I just wanted to call to say congratulations on your book" He replies back.

"Oh thank you so much"

"So when do I get to read this amazing book of yours?" He asks and I can't help but laugh.

"When you buy it" I tell him.

Noah laughs at this. I'm happy that I still kept in touch with Noah over texts when he left and I'm happy that he still remembers who I am.

There's just something about him but I don't know what it is. I like talking to him, I like telling him when I'm feeling down...I like it when he's there for me.

"I will buy the book as soon as possible plus, I've got a surprise for you"

"A surprise, what surprise?" I ask confused.

What sort of a surprise could Noah give me?

"You're going to have to wait and see"

"Well I-"

"Amber, there you are" Bhabi (sister-in-law) walks into the toilets giving me a slight scare.

"Hi" I say to her.

"Um, I'll talk to you later I'm actually with family at the moment" I tell Noah into the phone.

"That's fine. Talk soon, bye" I cut the phone off and walk towards bhabi.

"You finished on the phone to your friend?" She asks looking down at the phone in my hands.

"Yeah, let's go"

************

"It's between a fantastic game and here's the man of the match: Noah Grayson" The interviewer says and on the screen appears none other than Noah.

He's changed his hairstyle and it really suits him, better than the one he actually had last time.

"You're doing really good aren't you?" The interviewer asks him and Noah laughs to this and I can't help but smile.

Noah as a player has been doing much better and my brothers have even been complimenting him saying that he's improved as a player.

They carry on talking about the match in general when Noah says something to make my eyes widen.

Did he just say my name? No he can't have said my name?

"He said your name?" Adam points out putting the TV volume up.

"Who is Amber?" The interviewer asks Noah.

"She's a new author and she's amazing, she just released her book called 'Wait For Me' and I highly recommend everyone to read it. I'm not normally a fan of romance novels but this has got to be an exception, everyone check it out"

 I'm not normally a fan of romance novels but this has got to be an exception, everyone check it out"

"I hope everyone heard that, check out Amber's book 'Wait For Me'. Once again, thank you Grayson" Noah winks at the camera and leaves the screen.

He just recommended my book on TV, in front of millions of people who watch football.

"Everyone's going to buy your book now" Adam says tapping my shoulder.

"How does he know about your book anyway Amber?" Abu asks looking at me suspiciously.

Oh no, if Abu finds out that I've got Noah's number then I'm going to be in so much trouble.

"I told him" Adam says and Abu nods his head.

My phone vibrates in my hand and I see that I've gotten a text from Noah asking if I watched the interview.

Replying back to him I type yes and then ask whether that was the surprise?

He immediately replies back saying that I have to wait and see.

Oh God, what is this surprise of his then?