Chapter Nine

Sitting on the chair I just stare at the door blankly with Noah sitting beside me on the floor. We've been stuck in the room for ten minutes now, the music is echoing in and we now know that no one can hear us.

Noah gets up again and pounds on the door shouting to ask someone to help us. He bangs the door one last time before leaning against it.

What if we're locked in here, what if somebody does find us, I'm going to be in trouble. They're going to be wondering what I'm doing here alone with Noah.

What am I supposed to say to them, all of my close family members love to turn the truth into something else and my parents would believe them as well.

"Amber you're shaking, relax" Noah says making me break out of my thoughts. Standing up from the chair I run a hand through my hair I feel a sob about to arise in my throat. "Have you got your mobile phone on you?" Noah asks.

I shake my head as a no,

"I left it with my mum" I feel the tears starting to pour down and I'm crying. "I've never been locked before, what if nobody finds us?" I ask him while wiping my tears.

Noah moves towards me and puts a hand on my shoulder making my stomach do weird things making me tighten my hands together.

"It's going to be ok" He says softly looking me in the eye. I can't help but look at his hand on my shoulder, he quickly pulls it away and moves back a little, he says sorry and then goes back to the door. "I'm sorry if I keep touching you" He tells me from where he's standing.

"It's ok; you don't mean to do it" Walking towards the door myself I start slapping my palm against it calling for someone to come and save us.

"I think we need to rest, we've been trying for a long time" Noah says from next to me.

"My mum and dad must be wondering where I've gone, I need to get out of this room I feel so suffocated"

Moving to the side Noah steps back and runs to the door banging his body against it.

"Shit!" He yells.

He moves back and holds his arm.

"What happened, are you ok, you need to sit down" I walk with to the chair and he sits down on it.

"I think I scraped myself" He rolls his sleeve up and there's a deep cut which is bleeding heavily.

Oh no, if that's not treated then he can get a really bad infection, what shall I wrap it around with? Looking around the room there is no cloth when I look down at my dupatta (scarf) which has fallen into my arms.

My scarf, I need to use my scarf. Moving to stand in front of him I lean down and take one end wiping the blood off.

Taking the other side I put it under his arm and gently start wrapping it around, I see something black in front of my eyes and know that my hair has fallen in front of my eyes.

Knotting the scarf, I'm about to move my hair to the side when I see that my vision has already cleared, looking up I see that Noah is the one to move my hair out of my face.

My eyes get caught into his again just like all of the other times and this time I don't want to look away, I just want to look at them.

Noah's eyes look at the both of mine before his fingers move to another piece of strand as he tucks it behind my ear for me.

"Amber!" Jumping in fear I look around and here Abu from outside of the door.

Oh no Abu is here and my scarf is wrapped around Noah's arm, what explanation am I supposed to give now?

"Abu, open the door!" I shout back standing next to the door.

The sound of a lock opening is heard and the door opens to reveal Abu, crossing my arms over my chest I walk past my dad and stand outside.

Looking around I see that nearly all of my distance relatives have gone leaving just the close family. Turning back to look at the door Noah has walked out as well with his arm sleeve rolled down but my dupatta can still be seen.

"Does it hurt?" I ask Noah while Abu is still in the room.

"It does but I'll live" He winks at me and quickly lowers his gaze when Abu walks out.

"What were you both doing in there?" Abu asks me and then looks at Noah with folded arms.

"Abu w-"

"Sorry sir, it's just I needed to get myself an extra chair and I asked Amber to assist me, we ended up getting locked in the room and I hurt myself so she just helped me with that as well" Noah says pointing to my scarf on his arm.

I can feel Abu glaring at me but I still look down.

"Ok. Amber your mother is looking for you, you should go"

"Yes Abu" Without looking at Abu or Noah I start walking away, turning around I see Noah looking at me as well.

Thank God nothing else had happened in the room, what would I have done if Abu never came?