Chapter Fourteen

"My dad...I'll call my dad" I insist to Noah who continues driving after the other cars in the lane in front of him.

His blue eyes flicker towards me for two seconds making my heart stop before he looks back ahead.

"Yeah, call him" He says.

Nodding my head I take my phone out with shaky hands and dial his number, putting it against my ear I wait for my father's voice.

"Hello?"

"Abu...Abu, all of the junctions are closed on the motorway. Have you lot gotten home?" I ask.

"We're home; I don't understand why the junctions got closed all of a sudden" He replies back sounding confused.

"Isn't there another route or something?"

"Give the phone to the boy" Abu says and I know that 'the boy' he's talking about is none other than Noah.

"Noah, it's my dad" Handing the phone over he takes it with his free hand which isn't on the steering wheel and puts it against his ear.

"Sir" Noah says into the phone.

I can hear the faint mumbles of Abu speaking to Noah on the phone while he nods his head and replies back with 'yes'.

"Amber" Noah passes the phone back to me and I put it back against my ear.

"Abu"

"Amber, I've told Noah that you will have to stay in your car for the night, park on the hard shoulder and leave your hazard lights on" Stay in the car for the night?

How am I supposed to sleep in my car for the night?

"But Ab-"

"Amber, there's been a very big accident on the motorway and they've had to close it to repair, it's going to open again by the morning, be brave" He says with a calm voice.

"Ok Abu, bye"

"Bye" Cutting the phone off I lean my head back against the head restraint and close my eyes.

Why did they have to leave me in the first place, if they forgot me then I would have never been in this situation.

"The road to the hotel I'm staying at isn't closed, we can go there" Noah's voice fills the car from the silence which suddenly fell.

"Am I allowed?" I ask him.

"Of course you're allowed we're almost there" He says looking at me with a small smile on his face.

Returning it back I feel a heavy weight lift my shoulder which was filled with worry. Not being able to help myself I look at Noah from the corner of my eye to see that his eyes are concentrated on the road with both hands on the steering wheel.

"We're here" He says immediately looking over at me.

"Ok" I feel my cheeks heat up from embarrassment of being caught looking.

Looking ahead I see the hotel as Noah starts parking my car up, I pick up my phone and bag and get out of the car.

Noah gets out as well and locks the car handing the keys to me.

"It's this way" He says pointing behind me.

Walking ahead he catches up and walks at the same pace as me.

"The rest of the team is staying here as well" He says.

"Oh ok"

We both walk into the hotel and there's some people which are lounging around on the sofa's. They all look up as soon as me and Noah walk past and looking me up and down.