Chapter 4

When I get home, I see Katelyn and Kawaii-Chan watching Tv through the window so I walk into the house and try to sneak up the stairs but Katelyn catches me half way.

"Aphmau! Where have you been and what happened to your head and your arms?" I just remembered that I have bandages on both arms and around my forehead. How do I explain this?

"I was helping a friend with finding his animals and fell down a hill. I didn't want to worry you so I stayed at his house after." She doesn't look like she believed me but she just nodded anyway. Before I could go up the stairs, the news comes on with another interesting thing so I go back down and sit down with both of them.

"Breaking news! A girl was found today in Kawaii-Chan's maid cafe with a person with eight stab wounds on him. She has been taken into custody until further notice." The screen shows a picture of Kala. Why must I always have to go help them?

"Oh no! Kawaii-Chan needs to go check on Kawaii-Chan's maid cafe. Can Katelyn-Sama, Aphmau-Senpai would you like to come?"

"Sorry Kawaii-Chan. I have some business to attend to. I will come visit later." I tell her, guilty that I couldn't go with her.

"It's alright Aphmau, I will go with her." Katelyn reassured me.

"I will be back in a little while but until then, please be careful." I tell them before leaving and driving to the police station with my brief case.

"Hello, how may I help you?" The secretary asks me.

"Hello, I am Sassmau, Kala's lawyer. May I go to see her?" She calls a number before pointing me into the right direction. I walk into a room to see Kala facing the wall.

"Nice of you to show up Sly. Now bail me out!" She is still facing the wall.

"Sorry but my name is Sassmau and I am your lawyer." I sit show at the table and she spins around with a shocked face.

"Jess! Oh my Thor I have missed you so much! Why did you leave? Why did you also come save us and leave again? Please come back, we need you." She begs me.

"Kala me and Castor cannot come back.  Now I am only here to bail you out so tell me, why did you stab that man?" I go into lawyer mode.

"He was going to rob that place! I went to stop him but my claws came out on accident. I didn't mean to kill him, I promised I wouldn't kill anybody else after I killed Sly's fiancé." She starts to tear up.

"I will get you out but you cannot tell anybody that I was here. Not even the Few. Castor doesn't know I'm here either. You heard the warning. You will die if you found out where we were." I put the papers in my briefcase before standing up.

"Wait, how do you know about that call?" She wonders.

"Well I know a lot of things." I say in that deep voice.

"It was you! But why? We just want you to come back." She starts to cry a little bit and I go to hug her.

"Isn't that a bit selfish? Maybe we don't want to come back to this life? Maybe we want to have a normal life with our friends? Have you ever thought of that? Maybe we left to protect you or maybe we left because we have people to care about us outside of this life? Think about how we feel instead of what you want." I turn around and leave, going back to the office and talking to the man in charge and persuade him to let Kala go, before leaving. I go to Kawaii-Chan's cafe and help her for the rest of the day.

Kala's POV

When she left, I started to cry even more. Maybe we have been selfish? Maybe we should just let them live a normal life without having to fight bad guys. I cry for a while before I am told that I was bailed out by my lawyer. I run back to the hall and see everybody there.

"Kala where have you been?" Sly asks before noticing my tears. "What's wrong? What happened? Who made you cry?" He opens his arms and I run into them and cry into his chest.

"I was arrested for murder." I start to tell him everything that happened. "Jess came to be my lawyer." I was cut off by Sly.

"Where is she?" He quickly speaks.

"She went back home."

"Why didn't you stop her?" Steven speaks up.

"Because we are all being selfish!" I shout. Everybody goes silent. "We have been trying to get her back but we have never thought of what she would have wanted. She could want to live a normal life and we are trying to take that from her!" I shout before running to my room.

Sly's POV

What Kala said really got to me. Maybe she is right? Maybe we have been wasting our time trying to force her to join us again instead of having freedom. We are bad friends.

"Maybe we should just let Jess and Castor live their life. Now let's go discuss our next plan of action." We discuss what to do next and how to defeat Loki.