Chapter 23

Aphmau POV

I wake up to see a shadow outside. I look over at the digital clock beside me to see its 2am. Why can I never get any proper sleep. I can't wait until I can go back to my normal life. I might miss my old life but I like my new life better. I get out of bed and quietly open the window, making sure not to wake the other girls, before jumping out.

"Who's there?" I walk into the forest, being the stupid person I am. I should have told somebody that I was here.

"Jess!" I turn around to see Kala. She runs into me, hugging the death out of me.

"Need... Air." She lets go after noticing that I can't breathe. I take a deep breath. "What are you doing here? How did you find me?" She looks at me.

"When you called Mjolnir, Castor followed. It lead to here. We also found out the location of Loki's base. That might have been my fault." She awkwardly smiles at me. I sigh.

"Why are you telling me this?" I ask her.

"Because I'm mad at how Sly treated you so I left to be with you." I look into her eyes to see that she is telling the truth. I hug her.

"Welcome to the team. It's funny since we are all girls." We both giggle before walking back to the house, jumping in the window. "We will discuss this tomorrow. For now, let's go to sleep." She goes onto the other bed while I go to the one i was previously sleeping on, falling asleep.

Sly POV

I wake up and walk down the hall, seeing that Kala wasn't in her room. I walk in the living room to see a note taped onto the table. I go over and pick it up.

Dear Sly,

I have gone to help Jess on her journey. I'm still mad at you for saying that stuff to her. Goodbye.

Kala.

I sit down and put my hands on my face, taking a big sigh before going to our meet up area. We are going to have to go quickly if we are to catch up to them.

Aphmau POV

I am woken up by Kala to see that everybody else is also awake, getting ready. I look at Kala.

"The Few are coming. They should be leaving an hour from now, at 6am. We need to go if we want to leave them." I nod before getting up and going to shower before walking out and going downstairs to see Vylad placing down food.

"Morning sleepy head." I just nod at him before sitting down and digging into the food.

"If we don't want to be seen then we would have to leave as soon as we finish eating." Cadenza says. We all stand up.

"Thank you so much Vylad and we are sorry for bothering you while you are trying to relax. I will make it up to you somehow." I hug him. He hugs me back.

"Don't worry about it. Your my friend." He smiles at me and we part ways. We all fly away to Meteli since Cadenza has an apartment their. I have to carry Katelyn since she can't fly. We soon get their.

"We need a plan on how to attack Loki before he does anymore harm." We are all sitting around a table.

"Well first things first," Kala turns to Katelyn. "Do you have weapons? Or any experience?" Katelyn smirks at her before releasing her claws. She punches the air, making fire appear.

"Jess gave me these for my birthday." She puts her claws back.

"Wait, when was your birthday?" Kala looks at her.

"The day we was thrown in the dungeon." She replies.

"Who else knew?"

"Just Cadenza, Travis and Jess. Everybody else forgot." She looks down. I go over and hug her.

"I will beat the guys up as soon as this is over." I tell her. She just smiles at me. "Now let's make a plan." We spend the rest of the day planning. We are going to have decoys while we run in and kill all of the Gawkins while making our way to Loki. I will be the one to kill him. We decided to attack next week.

"Can we contact Laurence and Travis? I want to tell them that we are okay." Cadenza asks. I nod and Katelyn grabs my wrist before we all open the hero link, only allowing Laurence and Travis to hear us.

'Hey guys. Team KCJK here!' I say to them.

'Jess! Where are you guys? We have been so worried about you.' Laurence says.

"Tell him that he is an idiot." I nod at Katelyn.

'Katelyn says your an idiot. She is pretty mad at the gang. Except for Travis.'

'Why?' Travis asks.

'They forgot her birthday. Even I knew and I've been training with Castor. All you guys forgot." Travis explains.

'We just opened the link to tell you guys that we are fine and to stay away from us for a little while. Don't annoy us.' I say to them before we all cut off the link.

"Hopefully they leave us for atheist a week or two. We should be done by then." I tell them. "Now let's train!"