Chapter Thirteen: The Sucubus

About 2 hours after having the most amazing sex with the love of my life, Cole and I had to leave the hotel.

"Bella, do you know someone named Ryan?" Cole asked me seriously?

My heart stopped. Ryan. My best friend. The one I'd left for his own safety. "Yeah," I swallowed. "I know him. We've been best friends forever"

Cole sighed. "Penelope has him.'

"Who's Penelope?" I asked.

"She's a sucubus. Basically the female version of an Incubus. Any man who has intercouse with her will go mad with unsatiable lust for her."

"Where is she? Where are they?"

"At his house right now."

"Lets go!"

It took Cole and I a good 10 minutes to get there. The whole time flying I was almost laced with anxiety and worry. I was going to kill this bitch.

Cole and I kicked through Ryan's bedroom door. The sight before us was appalling. Ryan was looking at Penelope almost like he was entranced or hypnotized. Penelope was by far more beautiful than any mortal woman and even rivaled the beauty of some angels.

"Penelope!" Cole yelled.

The Sucubus stopped undressing for Ryan and turned her attention to Cole. "What in Lucifer's holy name are you doing here?" She demanded looking at Cole and then glaring at me. "Do you not see I'm busy with this incompenent fool?"

"Hey, bitch," I snarled. "That incompenent fool happens to be my best friend!"

"Do you think I care? When I'm through with him, I'll be the only thing he ever wants. Not you," Penelope sneered and tossed her long gorgeous hair.

"Cole," I said, never breaking eye contact with Penelope. "Get Ryan out of here. I'll take care of the Sucubus!" Before Cole could say a word, I lunged at Penelope.

As I flew through the air, Penelope grabbed my hair and threw me down. Hard. Man, that hurt. I grabbed her ankle and pulled. She yelled as she tripped and fell.

Leaping up, I grabbed her neck and slammed her against a table. She winced but then her facial expression twisted into the most evil, sinister expression. She dug her nails into my arm.

Releasing her in pain, I touched my arm making the ache vanish. Then I turned just in time to see her point at my wrists, then ankles. Shackles immediately incased them both. "No!" I hollered.

Penelope smiled. "Yes, you stupid angel. Lets see if your God saves you now. Maybe I'll give you to James, my brother. He'd have fun with vermin like you."

"Hate to break it to you, darling, but thats not happening!" Penelope and I turned our heads to see Cole.

"But youre one of us!" Penelope exclaimed looking at him. "And now that I think about it WHY DID YOU TAKE THE MORTAL FROM ME?!"

In less than the blink of an eye, Cole

had grabbed Penelope by her chin and was holding her in midair. "Because I'm NOT one of you, Penelope. And how dare you put Brenda in shackles?! How dare you touch her?" Cole tightened his grip on Penelope's chin and she screamed.

"Shut up!" Cole yelled at her. He grabbed her hair and slammed her face against the wooden floor. I heard a crack, Penelope's scream, and a thud. She was dead.

Cole turned to me. "I'm so sorry." He pointed at my shackles and they fell off me.

I stood and ran into his arms. We stood embracing. "I'm so sorry," Cole mumbled into my hair.

"Cole, its not your fault. You did nothing wrong. You came back for me."

"I know, but if anything ever happened to you, I dont know what I'd do. Youre the reason I have for even wanting to exist."

"Cole," I said looking up at him. "I feel exactly the same. Before you, I'd never known what true love felt like. Then you came and before I knew it, I fell in love with you. Thank you for saving me. I love you and I always will." Then I leaned up, and pressed my lips against his.

"Bella," he breated through our kiss.

He put his arms around my waist pulling me closer. Inhaling his luscious scent, as we kissed, I felt our energies at an all time high.

Then I remembered. Ryan! My best friend. Breaking our kiss, I looked at Cole. "Where's Ryan?"

"In our treehouse," Cole said. "Speaking of which, he really wants to talk to you."

"I wouldnt doubt it."