Chapter Fifteen: Good vs. Evil

It was late. Cole and I were in a seperate room from Ryan and cuddling on a nice comfortable bed with silk sheets.

"Quite a day today," Cole murmured, brushing my bang from my face. I loved feeling his cool fingertips graze my face. I snuggled closer to him.

"Yeah, it was." I agreed. "So many highs & lows. I felt like I was riding an emotional rollercoaster."

"Yeah, I know. But this, right now has been my best part."

"What has?"

"Being with you. Alone. Just talking. Maybe some amazing sex later on," Cole added, smiling. Just him saying that turned me on.

"You know I wouldnt turn that down," I told him, as I accidently on purpose grazed my foot against his crotch.

"You little minx," Cole whispered in my ear, "I know exactly what you're doing.

"Oh yeah?" I challenged, playfully.

"Yeah!" Cole reached down and started tickling my stomach.

I began laughing hysterically. "Cole stop," I giggled. He tickled harder and harder until tears of mirth poured from my eyes.

"HEY KEEP IT DOWN IN THERE!!!" We heard Ryan shout from the other room.

Cole stopped and I groaned. Ryan had totally killed our playful mood. "What's his problem?" I wondered aloud.

"Babe, I think he might be a little jealous."

"Jealous?" I repeated. "Jealous of what?"

"Me," Cole answered. "You and I. Us being together."

"Oh, no," I shook my head. "It's not like that. Ryan knows that we're just friends. We've know each other since we were children."

"Have you ever heard the saying that if a guy and a girl are best friends, that one or both will catch feelings."

"Yeah, but Ryan's like family. I love him but only like a brother," I explained.

"So far. If you choose him, I wont try to stop you. I want you to be happy, Bella."

"I am. I'm happy. I'm happy right here with you, okay? I love you and I'll never choose Ryan. It's about you. You're the only man I want or need." I looked at him. "I'm serious, Cole. You have to believe me."

"I do. I know you love me. And I love you too, more than anything. But, babe, I want what's best for you."

"Listen to me," I said seriously. "Youre whats best for me. You are the one...for me. Dont ever doubt my love for you." I tilted my head up

and kissed his lips.

"I wont, sweetie. But just know I love you more than your pretty little head can imagine." Cole then pressed his lips to my forehead & in that moment I was the happiest angel alive.