Chapter 19: Friendship Terminated

My immediate goal was to find Cole. Hopefully he was ok. He had to be because if he wasn't, I didn't know what I'd do.

I flew back to where he and I were last together. No sign of Cole. I asked people passing by if they'd seen him but none had. Dammit!

I burst in the treehouse. “Ryan have you seen Cole?" I blurted out. Ryan looked at me. “Is that all you care about," he asked coldly. “Your boyfriend?!"

Ryan stood and glared at me with something almost like hatred. I'd never seen him like this. I wanted the old Ryan back. Not this angry one. “IM SICK OF YOUR OBSESSION WITH HIM!!" He screamed.

I jumped. “Ryan, please don't..."

“Shut up Bella. He's all you talk, think or care about. Cole this and Cole that. He's a fucking incubus for God's sake. He's the only thing that matters to you. Not me! No, never me!" Ryan picked up a cup and hurled it.

“Ryan," I said calmly. “Sit down and relax. Please. You're scaring me."

“Dont tell me what to do you weak minded bitch," snarled Ryan. “Im sick of you. I hate you. You and your stupid ass boyfriend. I hope you both rot."

That was the last straw. Ryan and I may have been friends but he crossed the line. After Cole and I saved his life, he had the audacity to speak those words. No. Nobody spoke to me like that.

I walked over to him slowly. He watched with narrowed eyes. Then I slapped him with all the strength I could muster. “You will never refer to me as a bitch again or insinuate that Cole or I should ‘rot' as you so graciously put it. We saved your life and this is how you repay me? Our friendship is terminated. Get. The. Fuck. Out."

“With pleasure," he stated indifferently. He walked out the door and slammed it.  I stared at it for a moment then collapsed into sobs.