Chapter Fourteen: Explaining to Ryan

"So what the hell happened?!!" Ryan demanded. "I get cursed by some fucking demon! Then when I wake up, Im back in my house! Bella, youre gone. Not a word, only a ring. I have no way of contacting you. A few weeks of this and then some breathtaking Sucubus with the intent of driving me insane shows up and my best friend and a demon she's in love with rescue me! WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?!?!"

I cringed. "Ryan, you dont understand."

"I dont understand? Bella dont give me that. We're best friends! At least we were and..."

"And we still are!" I interrupted.

Ryan continued as if I hadnt spoken. "We were best friends and you left me! Without a word. Without a goodbye. Nothing! Nothing Bella. Not even a note!!!"

"Look, Ryan. Im sorry. I truly am!" Tears welled up in my eyes and Cole wrapped an arm around me. "But I had to. It was for your own safety Ryan. I didnt want you to get hurt anymore."

"Oh," laughed Ryan mirthlessly. "You didnt want me to get hurt? That insinuates that you think I'm some weak human who cant hold his own!!! You think you're superior to me just because you're 50% angel, huh, is that it?! Did you get tired of your weak mortal sidekick? Was I a burden to you?!!?!?"

"Hey, chill out dude," Cole said testily. "Bella's trying to explain herself to you and youre attacking her."

"Who are you to tell me what to do?  You're a demon for Christ's sake!" Ryan snapped.

"Im the demon who just saved your life!" Cole raised his voice a little.

"Yeah well that wont stop you from spending eternity rotting in hell," spat Ryan.

I gasped. "Dont you ever say that again. Its a total falsehood and you know it!"

"Its okay Bella," said Cole tenderly rubbing my shoulders.

"See even he agrees."

"I dont care," I hissed, glaring at Ryan. "Cole will not burn. You take it back this instant!"

"No!" Ryan said. "I will not take it back. In fact, I'll say it again: Your demonic, satanic, worthless, evil, pathetic excuse of a boyfriend will  burn in hell!"

"Get out!" I said venomously.

"Bella, its okay..." Cole said, but no he was wrong.

"Cole it is not okay. Nobody speaks about you like that!" I turned to Ryan. "You have 5 seconds to climb down that treehouse latter."

"Bella, please," Ryan said, eyes widening.

"No! Cole saved your life! I helped. And then you come back and this is our thanks? 4 seconds!!!!" I was so serious. Ryan was getting out even if I had to fly him out.

"Bella, come on. I'm your best friend!!!!"

"The clock is ticking, Ryan. 3 seconds!"

"Bella, come on, you cant kick him out," Cole said. "Something could happen to him. He is your best friend."

"Youre right." I replied. "Ryan, you can stay. But you'd better not talk down to Cole and you should thank  him for changing my mind."

I went into the second room in the treehouse leaving Ryan and Cole glaring at each other.