Chapter 25: Angels

When I woke up, I found Cole, my father and my mother looking down at me. I sat up, looking around me. I was on a white bed in only one place that had could be Heaven. God, it had been awhile since I'd been here. But how was Cole here? Wasn't he still an Incubus and didn't Satan kill him?

“Cole, is that you? How did you find me? I thought you died." I looked between my parents and my boyfriend for an explaination.

“Son, I'll let you explain this one," Dad said, clapping Cole on the shoulder.

“Im not exactly sure what happened," began Cole. “I remember him pulling out my heart. “Then the next thing I know, God is standing over me. He told me that I was no longer an Incubus. My love for you saved my soul and made me immune to any evil. That's how I was saved and that's why I'm here now: in Heaven. I'm an Angel."

I felt tears of joy in my eyes. “That explains your wings," I cried happily. I jumped into his arms and Cole smiled as he caught me then kissed me.

Then I turned to my Mom. “Are you okay," I asked her. “I know what happened and I'm sorry I wasn't there to stop it.

Mom smiled angelically. “Sweetie, I never felt any of it. Before I died, I saw Lucifer come into my house and then right afterwards, I was lifted up into your father's arms." She smiled lovingly at my Dad then continued. “Nothing hurt me. I never felt any pain. In a way, it was good. I got to be with your father in spirit now and not just as a mortal. I'm an Angel just like him now. We're finally equals."

“We were always equals," my Dad said, looking at Mom adoringly. “And from the moment I saw you, all I saw was a beautiful Angel."

Cole and I smiled as we watched my parents. Then we took hands. “Well Mom, Dad, thank you. We'll be back but Cole and I have a world to save."

“Ok. You too be careful." Mom said.

“Yes," agreed Dad. “But don't worry. Nothing will be able to hurt either of you anymore. And just like God and all the other angels, we'll be watching over you."

Cole and I hugged my parents then with one last wave, we took hands and flew back down to the mortal world.