Just My Luck.

"Hey, hey, hey. You okay?" I lifted my head up and saw Zack standing in front of me, a worried look coating his features.

"Just peachy." I sighed, looking back to the gravel covered pavement.

"That, missy, was sarcasm. Talk to me." I felt him sit down next to me, so I knew he wasn't going anywhere.

"Do you think I'm selfish?"

"Elaborate."

"Alex said I was selfish because I wanted you guys to come out tonight, but I was 'taking you away,' from writing your new album."

"Listen, Alex is under a lot of stress. He doesn't mean anything he says. He doesn't mean to hurt you." He put a reassuring hand on my shoulder.

"I suppose so. Why did you guys arrive late?"

"Our manager had to talk to us, we have to add another song onto the album." He sighed. "Then our car broke down and Alex got out and tried to push it by himself. He was determined to get here, Star. The only reason we actually made it here, is because a fan gave us a ride. She was driving past and noticed us. Alex literally jumped out of the car when we arrived." Zack looked at me intently. I didn't know what to say. Maybe I have been a little hard on him.

"Did he actually do that?" I smiled a little.

"Yeah, he did. C'mon, it's getting colder out here. Let's go and celebrate your new career." He smiled and jumped up, pulling me with him.

"Star, I'm sorry!" Alex shouted over the music.

"It's cool. I've been a bit too harsh on you." I smiled weakly.

"No, it's my fault. I was a dick and upset you. I'm happy for you, Star." He pulled me into a hug, even though we were already pretty much touching. The bar was packed and the lights were flashing, while loud electronic music was playing. I didn't really like the music here, but hey, whatever suits the mood.

We continued dancing and swaying to the music a little longer, until it got too crowded and I was pushed into Alex. "O-oh I'm s-sorry." I laughed nervously as we were pushed closer and closer every time.

"Uh... It's fine. I'm just going to uh... Get another drink. Yeah." Alex pushed his way out of the crowd. I felt a tap on my shoulder and spun around to see Jason smiling brightly at me. I gave him a questioning look and he pulled me out of the crowd. We ended up outside in the street.

"What?" I smiled.

"I have some news."

"What is it?"

"Okay, so Andrew rang back."

"At 1.00am?!"

"Shut up." He giggled. "Okay, so he called back and if we can get an EP done in a month, with at least 8 songs, we can headline for a tour in Europe!"

"Wait... What?"

"Europe!" He screamed. This gets better and better.

"Holy shit!" I attacked him with a hug and he almost fell backwards.

"Jeez Star, how much sugar have you had?" He smiled and I shrugged.

"I've only had 5 drinks."

"Hey, I think might head home." I stumbled over my feet as I said my goodbyes to my band. We agreed to meet up tomorrow afternoon at mine to discuss details. Rian and Cass had left a while ago, Zack went home, all that was left was Jack and Alex to say bye to. "Hey, I'm gonna go home and sleep now." My words were a bit slurred as I approached both of them. They were sitting at a table, drinking what looked like beer.