The End

Your POV

You sat on your bed and looked off into the distance.

'I cannot protect you.'

'I won't be there for you.'

You sighed and wiped away your tears. Hopping off the bed, you stood up and fixed your hair and dress. You opened the door and left to return to the ball.

"Miss (F/N)! Where did you go?!" Mey-Rin ran up to you in the corridor.

"I fell asleep." You lied. Mey-Rin looked at you for a while before walking back to the ball with you. When you both reached the stairs, you walked down and made your way over to Bard and Finny.

"Where'd ya go?" Based asked you as you took a seat on the expensive couch next to him.

"She fell asleep." Mey-Rin lied for you.

"It is time for the waltz, so if you'd like to partner up and make your way to the middle of the room, please." A guy standing on the stairs announced. Everyone got in pairs and got ready for the dance.

"Bard, dance with me." A lady in a navy dress ordered him, holding out her hand.

"Makina? Alright!" Bard stood up and wrapped his arms around the chief and walked away.

Someone gently tapped Finny on the shoulder and cleared her throat. "F-Finny? Can I dance with you?" She asked shyly.

"Of course, Shiemi!" Finny smiled, standing up. Shiemi beamed back at him, her blush disappearing. They both walked hand in hand to the centre of the room.

Just before the dance was about to begin, a man in a purple, silver and orange suit came and sat opposite you, placing his elbows on his knees and resting his head in his hands.

"Bonjour, mon ange, why are you not dancing?" He quizzed Mey-Rin. She blushed bright red. "Would you like to dance with me?" He asked her.

She shook her head. "I can't dance-"

"Non, non, mon petit fleur. There is no such this as not being able to dance. Now come," He stood up and held out his hand. Mey-Rin took it and stood up, only to be pulled into a hug from the man. "I will show you that you can dance!"

~

You watched as Mey-Rin danced perfectly with the eccentric man, and you couldn't help but smile. Every now and then, he would praise her and make her blush.

"My lady, would you like this dance? It seems you are without a partner." A man with black hair and steel grey eyes offered you his hand. You nodded and took it.

When the song ended, the man bowed and kissed your hand. You walked back to your seat and looked at Mey-Rin. She was just about to return to the seat, but the man pulled her in and kissed her. You looked away and waited for her to come back.

"Shiemi is going to teach me how to care for plants properly!" Finny exclaimed as he sat back on the seat opposite you.

"Makina was just ordering me around t'whole time... but I didn't mind." Bard scratched back of his head.

Both of the males were looking at their dance partners and smiling. You smiled sadly and took a sip of the tea in front of you. You had gone and made it yourself, but it was disgusting. You cannot make tea, it's final.

You looked out of the window. It was beginning to get dark. You stood up with your empty teacup and walked back into the kitchen. As you opened the door, you saw Damien preparing something. You set the cup down and stood next to him.